Wattbike and pc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I wish lol…. Downloaded an “emulator “ so I could install a mobile app on my pc that had wattbike on it… but none had the watt bike ! …. All the others rouvey, tacx, trainer road etc etc, one ( games loop) said watt bike was coming soon! No good ! I want it now!
Then I heard uk you can run the Atom without the hub on Zwift, but then how can you pair the gears?
Im going to try downloading the hub onto my phone and pairing the gears on there and seeing if it’ll work on Zwift .
Mot holding my breath tho!!
Thanks for yr input.

I'd forget about the PC. You need to establish if the gears are working on the wattbike first.

My wattbike changes gears (increases / decreases resistance) when not connected to any device. See if yours does the same. If it does then the gears work. If it doesn't there is a problem with your bike.

Next step is to check the bluetooth connection. As your PC isn't finding them just park that. You need to try and connect the Wattbike to your phone and use the Wattbike Hub. You should see the gear changes on your phone. If you don't then there is a problem with the bluetooth on the bike.

The above two steps should establish if there is a problem with the bike itself. If the bike and bluetooth is fine then the PC problem is your PC and you will have to fix that, or use another device.

If gears are working with the Hub they will just automatically work on Zwift on any paired device.

OP
OP
philbike

philbike

I'd forget about the PC. You need to establish if the gears are working on the wattbike first.

My wattbike changes gears (increases / decreases resistance) when not connected to any device. See if yours does the same. If it does then the gears work. If it doesn't there is a problem with your bike.

Next step is to check the bluetooth connection. As your PC isn't finding them just park that. You need to try and connect the Wattbike to your phone and use the Wattbike Hub. You should see the gear changes on your phone. If you don't then there is a problem with the bluetooth on the bike.

The above two steps should establish if there is a problem with the bike itself. If the bike and bluetooth is fine then the PC problem is your PC and you will have to fix that, or use another device.

If gears are working with the Hub they will just automatically work on Zwift on any paired device.

Ok … the gears are working fine … but I have to do a “quick ride” on the wattbike hub (downloaded on my iPhone, not the pc) at the same time as the Zwift session on my computer.
The gears are shown on my phone but not on the Zwift screen .
If I turn off the wattbike hub, then I lose the gearchanging function.
I understand that your saying if the gears are working on the hub ( which they are) then they automatically work on any paired device…. I have paired zwift with my wattbike , but they just will not work without the hub running.
What I would like is to be able to use the wattbike and zwift without the wattbike hub, or a least not have to have the two programs running together!!

Joffey

Big Dosser
Ok … the gears are working fine … but I have to do a “quick ride” on the wattbike hub (downloaded on my iPhone, not the pc) at the same time as the Zwift session on my computer.
I understand that your saying if the gears are working on the hub ( which they are) then they automatically work on any paired device…. I have paired zwift with my wattbike , but they just will not work without the hub running.
What I would like is to be able to use the wattbike and zwift without the wattbike hub, or a least not have to have the two programs running together!!

How strange... I wonder if there is some kind of bluetooth problem. I'd speak to Wattbike Support and see if they can suggest anything.

When you say not working. Do you mean you can't change gear or the gears don't display on zwift ?

The Wattbike gears pair with the Wattbike itself and then it passes that data, plus power, cadence etc, on to Zwift via a Bluetooth connection to the PC.

I assum you are connecting the Wattbike via Bluetooth and not ANT+. Zwift with only show Wattbike gears if connected via Bluetooth. They are missing if you make an ANT+ connection instead.

amerjit-s

Hi

I’ve just read this thread and registered to reply. I’ve been using WattBike and Zwift for about 2 years and yesterday noticed the gears display has disappeared on Zwift, which is a bit annoying.

The gears change in-ride on Zwift and I can see them working on the WattBike app. I emailed Zwift and the reply is:

“Regarding your case, I would like to explain to you that we're aware of this known issue. While we're currently working on fixing it—will be resolved in the next update.”

My email was very clear, but I find it odd that it’s just disappeared and not aware of an update on my phone since my last ride last week. Why would gears disappear if my app hasn’t changed?

After seeing the problem, I updated my bike firmware and same problem, no Zwift gears display on Zwift.

amerjit-s

To the original poster - please try changing gears in-ride on Zwift. They’ll start at 6 so press up quite a few times and see if it’s just a display issue like mine.

If you change in the WattBike atom app, you’ll need to disconnect Bluetooth to connect to Zwift so it will start from 6 again.

amerjit-s

Just had a look at the FB page - looks like it’s an issue since the started rolling out an incremental update 8 days ago.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
The issue mentioned by @amerjit-s has been resolved by the latest patch, or so I'm told.

Top Bottom