Wattbike Atom v Stages SB20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Was just going to tag you @steverob ,is it @CXRAndy who's just got the stages bike ?

Yes I've got Stages SB20. I've not used it so much recently due to racing and hadn't fully settled into the setup. I have found no issues re power and setup -which is easy. It's built extremely well. It has dual power meters, variable crank length, dream drive or Shimano/SRAM gear shifts. Shifting is quick and drive is the quietest I've ever had. I had Wahoo , Neo

I bought it as a backup and second trainer for my gym. It was cheaper too than most others at £1599.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I'm leaning towards the atom - probably a used V2 (next gen)

Noticed the V2 has an odometer - which a lot of people use a selling point IE (only 24 hours us) - is this meaningful - I mean can you reset the counter ?

CXRAndy

Guru
Last edited:
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I bought a stages bike a few months ago. I had a fair few issues with mine and ended up sending it back. I now have a wattbike atom which runs much better but the stages is the better physical bike.
If stages made a bike like wattbike/Kickr etc with the readings taken from the hub I’d say it’d be the perfect indoor bike. The stages bike is absolutely rock solid and adjustments are much quicker and easier vs the wattbike. However I had quite a few issues with the powermeters playing up also I had an issue where I couldn’t really sprint on the stages as once over 500watts the resistance would ramp right up and a few other people have reported this issue.

I really liked the look of the spinning wheel (freewheeling) on the SB 20.....how does the wattbike compare in this respect ?

Top Bottom