We are having a power flush today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Aged 69 and having our first power flush.:rolleyes::wacko::hello: no i don't mean me you fools.I mean our central heating ,it has been playing up making a very funny noise like a swarm of bees.It seems to be a common problem.So at no cost to us we had a pump fitted,that has not worked,we were advised to go for a flush so that is happening this morning,he has just phoned.If this does not work and we think it won't,but it will do the systemgood,it's going to be a phone call to the boiler company and we both think it's a diverter valve,Google is a mass of good info,and other people have solved the same problem by going down that route.Wish us luck.A few 'undred quid is going down the drain this morning and over the next couple of days,chemicals get pumped in and then flushed and left in again.

classic33

Leg End Member
At no cost to you a few 'undred quid is going down the drain!

Just as well they don't charge you.

Freds Dad

Veteran
Aged 69 and having our first power flush.:rolleyes::wacko::hello: no i don't mean me you fools.I mean our central heating ,it has been playing up making a very funny noise like a swarm of bees.It seems to be a common problem.So at no cost to us we had a pump fitted,that has not worked,we were advised to go for a flush so that is happening this morning,he has just phoned.If this does not work and we think it won't,but it will do the systemgood,it's going to be a phone call to the boiler company and we both think it's a diverter valve,Google is a mass of good info,and other people have solved the same problem by going down that route.Wish us luck.A few 'undred quid is going down the drain this morning and over the next couple of days,chemicals get pumped in and then flushed and left in again.

We had ours done a few years ago and the crap that came out of the pipework was unbelievable. We now have a Magna Clean attached to the system which is basically a magnet that catches any metal that is running through they system.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Thread highjack lol, well, it's all plumbing, innit? :laugh:
Yesterday I kept hearing Gurgle Gurgle noises from the bathroom: suddenly my toilet pan if full of someone's else crap :eek:
Plumber says the main waste pipe outside is blocked, waiting for drain main to come clear it.
It had to happen when both the neighbourghs upstairs are off work!
Bucket for me until further notice, at least I live alone, if there was kids I would be in the s**t :laugh:
It's draining very slowly, but of course every time upstairs flashes my pan fills up again :cry::cry::cry:

Pat "5mph"

Can't you borrow or hire a rodding kit and get the outside manholes up? It's easy enough to do and quite fun if you're not squeamish.

Have your neighbours got kids? It will be wet wipes blocking the drain.
I cannot, I'm a woman with no knowledge of outside drains :smile:
I can unblock my kitchen sink, that's about it.
Rod man is coming from Scottish water, domestic plumber has been, said it's outside.
Both neighbours upstairs are single guys: they would be at work normally, but one is off sick, the other is on hols, away out now, need to catch him before he flashes :ohmy:
If both flash at the same time my pan will overflow :eek::eek::eek:

Pat "5mph"

Well, looking on the bright side, all this could have happened while I was at work, I would have come home to a nice, smelly flood! :eek:

Well, looking on the bright side, all this could have happened while I was at work, I would have come home to a nice, smelly flood! :eek:
Aw Pat I'd nip round and clear it for you I'd we lived closer. Hopefully they'll get it sorted for you quickly enough.

@Globalti I'd have to agree. Experience tells me baby wipes and probably a build up of grease will be the culprit. People think because it says flushable it's ok, truth is the beggars don't break down, and grease is horrendous once it's set in the line.

For anyone interested there was a program called Anatomy of a Fat Berg on last year. Seek it out and give it a watch, it's eye opening for the average person who probably doesn't appreciate what happens, (or more importantly doesn't happen), when you've flushed.

U

User6179

If you have fairly new pipes there should be a rodding eye, depending where the block is you could unscrew the lid of the rodding eye to let the water run out of that.
rodeye03.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am an expert on other peoples sh*t floating over my garden.
Our house is the last of a row....about 15 houses. A few years ago we had similar problems and it was literally floating around our garden. Remember we had 15 houses worth of sh*t there.
The cause was somewhere between our house and the main sewer about 500 yards away but the waterboard denied responsility.
Long story short......I got a solicitor etc and eventually the waterboard accepted responsibility.
Not pleasant though @Pat "5mph" .... hope its sorted soon.
And @postman ....hope your problem is also sorted soon.

Pat "5mph"

Not pleasant though @Pat "5mph" .... hope its sorted soon.
Woe me, no, not yet.
Scottish water drain man has been, the toilet stack is inside, behind a wall, told me to call a drainage company.
They have been, need to come back tomorrow morning with a water vac, as they will flood everything :eek: xx( :cry:
I will leave them to it, go to work, clean up the mess when I get back.
Bucket for me, and no flushing for upstairs!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Our caravan drains block up on the first warm and popular weekend of each year. The drains are knackered but the site wont replace so every thing backs up and either comes out of next doors manhole, or an old 'connection' under our van (thats was until I sealed it after the site failed loads of times).

Top Bottom