We have 'Real' Cyclists in Cheltenham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

Just saw this chap with his bike in Lidl car park in Bishops Cleeve
He said he has a couple of these old skool bikes, and this one was originally made in Cheltenham by an unknown manufacturer in the 1860's...that said, he did then make off in very wobbly fashion on the pavement..:whistle:

1458728_10152013895198704_72153988_n.jpg

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
No lights, no reflectors, no mudguards, no helmet, no hi-viz, no chain to be slack. Nice hook on the front for his shopping bag though.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I bet he gets a numb backside petty darn quickly though
Actually, I'd imagine there will be a good amount of flex in the....er, well it's neither a top tube nor a seat post...is it a seat stay? The frame looks surprisingly light, all in all. @Linford - I don't know whether you got a proper look at it, but are those weights attached to the pedals?

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Actually, I'd imagine there will be a good amount of flex in the....er, well it's neither a top tube nor a seat post...is it a seat stay? The frame looks surprisingly light, all in all. @Linford - I don't know whether you got a proper look at it, but are those weights attached to the pedals?

Brass pedals, and the weights are actually in the shape of acorns

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Cheltenham - tick
24 Hour Tesco (wtf?!) - tick
Bike - tick
4x4 in background - tick

Is this the ultimate Linford Money Shot?

The car in the background is owned by the manager of Lidls (I think), before that, there was always a slightly older Cayenne parked there. It is Lidls car park, not Tesco's.
Alas I need to rest my shoulder for 3 weeks as doc has decided he knows what is wrong with it ...so no cycling or motorcycling for a bit :sad:

Top Bottom