We shall remember them

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J.Y.Kelly

While I feel that there is no reason at all for us to be in Afghanistan and that our invasion of Iraq was downright illegal, I shall keep the silence at 11am in remembrance of those who have died needlessly in the Middle East and other more recent wars and also in memory of those of my Grandfather's and Great-Grandfather's generations who died defending the Motherland - in those days there was a very real threat to our sovereignty.

What he said!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
03_07_76---Poppy--The-Menin-Gate--Ypres_web.jpg

snailracer

Über Member
While I feel that there is no reason at all for us to be in Afghanistan and that our invasion of Iraq was downright illegal, I shall keep the silence at 11am in remembrance of those who have died needlessly in the Middle East and other more recent wars and also in memory of those of my Grandfather's and Great-Grandfather's generations who died defending the Motherland - in those days there was a very real threat to our sovereignty.

Remembrance day is not really about the reasons for going to war, or even whose side a soldier was on. That is why the wreath is layed on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Remembrance day is to commemorate the sacrifice of soldiers from all sides, whether or not they were on the "right" side.

graham56

Guru
Remembering my grandfathers brother, John Ryan,DLI KIA 01/10/1918 France. And Cpl Rob "Dusty" Miller 42Cdo RM, 17/08/1979 aged 22yrs, S. Armagh

We shall remember whilst the light lasts
And in the darkness we shall not fotget.

Top Bottom