We shouldn't laugh , ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My Dad once delightedly told me of driving behind a car which, on a beautiful sunny day, suddenly decided the windscreen could do with a clean. One of the squirters was a bit over-enthusiastic, and a young woman passing by got a little sprinkle. She looked up doubtfully at the sky, then, baffled, walked on. At which point the driver repeated the process, with the same result. My Dad was in fits.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Except it wasnt a puddle, it came off the roof of a lorry, which Im sure the driver couldnt have done much about. Id put it down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time, nothing more than bad luck.

But hey, difference of opinion and all that, so I'll leave it there. Didnt mean to cause any tension.

What part of "hmmmm, not sure if this counts..." did you not understand?

You seem to have taken my comment like it was 100% certain that you would be able to get compensation.

Hmmmm not sure if it counts but If they managed to get the reg number or possibly the name or contact number of the company the van/lorry is from, they would be allowed to ask for compensation.

Im going on the basis that police will fine drivers that speed through massive puddles and splash unsuspecting pedestrians standing or walking on the pavement. It probably doesnt apply but yes its unfortunate.

Top Bottom