We shouldn't laugh , ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
I was waiting at some lights today behind two cars and 40 foot truck , lights went green , we all went forward , the truck suddenly stopped ,as it was chucking it down , the water on the roof of the trailer flew off the top and went sort of left , right on the heads of two pedestrians , the got soaked , they looked at each other , and then just looked ahead ,
So funny , but not so for them ,

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Hmmmm not sure if it counts but If they managed to get the reg number or possibly the name or contact number of the company the van/lorry is from, they would be allowed to ask for compensation.

Im going on the basis that police will fine drivers that speed through massive puddles and splash unsuspecting pedestrians standing or walking on the pavement. It probably doesnt apply but yes its unfortunate.

Last edited:

PK99

Legendary Member
I was waiting at some lights today behind two cars and 40 foot truck , lights went green , we all went forward , the truck suddenly stopped ,as it was chucking it down , the water on the roof of the trailer flew off the top and went sort of left , right on the heads of two pedestrians , the got soaked , they looked at each other , and then just looked ahead ,
So funny , but not so for them ,

I was queuing at a fruit and veg stall once, after heavy rain the Tarp cover was hanging heavy, full of rainwater. I absentmindedly prodded It drenching the lady at the other end of the stall at the front to the queue.....

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
In that case they were used to getting wet, no problem.

And they would have had their flat caps to keep some of it off.

I just hope their whippets weren't drowned.

GlenBen

Über Member
Hmmmm not sure if it counts but If they managed to get the reg number or possibly the name or contact number of the company the van/lorry is from, they would be allowed to ask for compensation.

Im going on the basis that police will fine drivers that speed through massive puddles and splash unsuspecting pedestrians standing or walking on the pavement. It probably doesnt apply but yes its unfortunate.

For what?

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
If you go out in the rain, youre going to get wet. Why should someone else pay to wash your clothes? (I cant decide if this is serious or a joke?)

Like i stated in my first post. Regardless if its raining or not if you drive full force into a massive puddle and you end up soaking people at the side of the road, you're likely to receive a fixed penalty notice from the police should someone manage to get your reg number.

Its no joke. No need to quote me multiple times to bait me

Reactions: mjr

GlenBen

Über Member
Except it wasnt a puddle, it came off the roof of a lorry, which Im sure the driver couldnt have done much about. Id put it down to being in the wrong place at the wrong time, nothing more than bad luck.

But hey, difference of opinion and all that, so I'll leave it there. Didnt mean to cause any tension.

Top Bottom