We want to help the cycling community grow. Help us!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jarcore

We would like you to assist us in growing the cycling community together, and for that, we only need 5 minutes of your time to answer a few questions that can greatly aid us. It's a brief survey to get to know the different cyclists who ride on the roads better.

CYCLIST SURVEY

Thank you in advance.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
If you could say who you are and what the results are going towards you nay get takers. UK based for example.

We would like you to assist us in growing the cycling community together, and for that, we only need 5 minutes of your time to answer a few questions that can greatly aid us. It's a brief survey to get to know the different cyclists who ride on the roads better.

CYCLIST SURVEY

Thank you in advance.

Too vague. Far too vague.
How many sports type apps do I use? dozens!
Despite being not interested I was still being asked questions as if I was.
I stopped at salary given in $.

You should be clearer about your concept, your target market and also whatever geographical region you're in.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
introduce a minimum post level like the sales section ?

I dont think you need to. But some explanation and an introduction would maybe encourage people to help out. We see so many of these that I dont bother filling out the questionairres. Some of them are so silly it is obvious they have done no research to start off with.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
1684223081718.png

if the op can only be arsed to give cc 2 mins of his time then not sure why anyone should give them any of their time....

OP
OP
Jarcore

Jarcore

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the feedback.
Apologies if the post was too vague. I understand it might seem impolite as a first post, that is far from my intention. The reason for this survey is to get feedback on how cyclist are using apps and what their reasons might be. I will consider the feedback and hopefully improve the questions not to upset anyone. The answers are 100% anonymous if so chosen, and no amount of salary is expected to be disclosed if not wished for. The results of the survey are to be used as an overview on the type of app users inside the cycling community.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks to anyone who wanted to contribute with some answers.

All the best.

I am always quite stunned at how people think they can just join a group and jump in with surveys like this without any introduction or explananation.

Its just impolite and rude.

I fairness, have a look at the title of the subforum we're in.
However, I do agree that it is rude to drop in and dump a survey with minimal engagement.

introduce a minimum post level like the sales section ?
This is the subforum for Research & Questionnaires.

The reason for this survey is to get feedback on how cyclist are using apps and what their reasons might be
Fair play for coming back.

However, there are no questions about how we use existing apps, but questions about what we'd like to see in an app that is not described. It's akin to asking what bike do I need - without specifying anything about where I plan to take it, for how long and nothing about how I like to ride. The chances of getting something useful are minimal.

I have no idea if this app is to let me connect better with local cyclists where I am or with local cyclists where I might be going to. Do you?

I am not going to list all the apps I use related to riding my bike. That's too much work. What about websites? My primary planner is only available (currently) as a webpage. A very useful app in one country might be useless in another. I use apps and websites for routing, for accommodation, for recording, for note taking, for photos, voice memos, for writing, for communication, for connecting, for research, for reading, for news, for repairs - to bike and me, and for fun - all associated with bike rides.

Apologies, salaries are denoted in € not $ but the same criticism applies - this is a UK site. At least provide Sterling equivalents.

If you're not familiar with this site, I'd imagine the average age is pretty much above your target demographic and is predominantly male. I'm sure you're better equipped than me to find a better target demographic on Feckbook and the likes.

If this is a genuine product (as opposed to an educational project) I can understand some vagueness about the product but that just means that the research (and responses) will be vague too. There is a value in having a more open dialogue/discussion, especially if you're in Spain and looking specifically for feedback from other countries. What is perfectly normal for you could be extremely abnormal in another country. For example, some folk on here won't cycle in Spain because of your helmet laws! ^_^

Have a think about what you're trying to achieve, put together a better questionnaire, explain a bit about it (and you) and some of us will give it another shot.

Suerte!

OP
OP
Jarcore

Jarcore

I fairness, have a look at the title of the subforum we're in.
However, I do agree that it is rude to drop in and dump a survey with minimal engagement.

This is the subforum for Research & Questionnaires.

Fair play for coming back.

However, there are no questions about how we use existing apps, but questions about what we'd like to see in an app that is not described. It's akin to asking what bike do I need - without specifying anything about where I plan to take it, for how long and nothing about how I like to ride. The chances of getting something useful are minimal.

I have no idea if this app is to let me connect better with local cyclists where I am or with local cyclists where I might be going to. Do you?

I am not going to list all the apps I use related to riding my bike. That's too much work. What about websites? My primary planner is only available (currently) as a webpage. A very useful app in one country might be useless in another. I use apps and websites for routing, for accommodation, for recording, for note taking, for photos, voice memos, for writing, for communication, for connecting, for research, for reading, for news, for repairs - to bike and me, and for fun - all associated with bike rides.

Apologies, salaries are denoted in € not $ but the same criticism applies - this is a UK site. At least provide Sterling equivalents.

If you're not familiar with this site, I'd imagine the average age is pretty much above your target demographic and is predominantly male. I'm sure you're better equipped than me to find a better target demographic on Feckbook and the likes.

If this is a genuine product (as opposed to an educational project) I can understand some vagueness about the product but that just means that the research (and responses) will be vague too. There is a value in having a more open dialogue/discussion, especially if you're in Spain and looking specifically for feedback from other countries. What is perfectly normal for you could be extremely abnormal in another country. For example, some folk on here won't cycle in Spain because of your helmet laws! ^_^

Have a think about what you're trying to achieve, put together a better questionnaire, explain a bit about it (and you) and some of us will give it another shot.

Suerte!

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer and for your feedback.

I agree on what you are mentioning and I do feel that the way to approach this is to listen to what is being said and try to do better to obtain result that can be useful. I prefer to take a step, correct if needed, and keep walking than standing still :smile:

These answers are very helpful indeed, I appreciate that. Never meant to be rude at any point, so I do apologize if anyone felt like I trespassed.

Thanks!

brommieinkorea

Dumb survey. Since I don't use any cycling apps impossible to accurately answer many questions. Also, cycling is not necessarily a sport, and some of us despise people who try and lump everyone into some larger group that clearly does not represent us/me whatever...

Top Bottom