Weather websites for predicting my commute?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ganymede

Veteran
Hello - I'm a new member of CycleChat. I've been lurking for ages so have been reading all your threads, but finally took the plunge this morning.

Here's my first question - what websites do you use to predict whether you can commute or not?

I don't mind cycling in bad weather, but sometimes I have to arrive looking respectable, and sometimes I have to come home late, or carrying something, so I always check the forecast. Accuweather.com used to be good, but I think it's gone off recently - I've been looking at meteoblue.com which seems better. The Met office website has poor graphics (in my view) but is it reliable?

I'd be grateful for your feedback, thanks.

Blurb

Über Member
Combo of Metoffice and raintoday.co.uk. It's never going to be 100% and I always end up carrying a little too much gear , especially now it's winter. Cold and wet for 11 miles isn't very pleasant.

400bhp

Guru
weather.com

OP
OP
Ganymede

Ganymede

Veteran
Thanks for all the replies! - I should probably go away and check all of them and then check them against the actual weather, then write out a chart and report back.

I'm afraid I probably won't but I will have a good old rummage. I was partly encouraged into cycle commuting by Richard Ballatyne's assertion that it only rained 12% of the time and that most of that rain wasn't heavy, but this October has been way above average for rain, and my supposedly waterproof cycle coat suffered a bit of a fail in the extremely heavy downpour I got caught in a couple of weeks ago, so I'm being cautious.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I use the met office app on my phone..usually reliable for the next 24 hours and has a satellite rainfall imaging thingy which is very useful.

Top Bottom