We'd all do this, wouldn't we? Given the chance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldy

Über Member
On snow yes but I'd think twice about doing it on carpet. Too much friction.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Pah...!

I got chatting to a Norwegian student at university. Apparently, one summer when he was a lad, he cycled to a ski resort with his mates. They were looking at a big ski jump and one of those 'mates' dared him to ride his bike down it. Being young, foolish and wanting to show off, he agreed to do it... :eek:

He remembered thinking at one point that perhaps that wasn't the best decision he'd ever made! He landed badly and the bike disintegrated beneath him. I can't remember the full list of his injuries but it certainly included broken arms and legs, collar bones, ribs, fractured skull, internal bleeding. He spent the best part of a year in hospital.

I reckon that he was very lucky to survive. The way I look at it - cowardice exists for a reason! :okay:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nah not for me, i'd love a go on one of these though

View: https://youtu.be/iqCkICXWdWI

I'd probably brake at least a couple of times. :eek:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Not for me. I enjoy skiing, but have never done a deliberate jump even on normal snow. I'm not good with heights, and there isno way I could push off from there,even with snow at the bottom.
I've followed my now grown kids over jumps and bumps on the piste / fun slopes (weight forward to land!), but you wouldn't get me ski jumping for love nor money.

Top Bottom