Wedding Anniversary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

machew

Veteran
Is a bike a suitable wedding anniversary present for the wife? Or have I just lost any "Me" time?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If 'the' wife in question would like a bike for a wedding anniversary present, then - yes, otherwise - no!

As for 'me' time - I wouldn't want to be married to somebody who wouldn't be welcome in the 'me' time, thus making it 'us' time! :thumbsup:

pauldavid

Veteran
If it means the end of the "me time" then no.

Cycling is the only thing I do which is mine personally and I rode a lot alone as well as sometimes with friends. I have been married for 13 years now and am deliriously happy with the relationship, my family and our life in general.

We all need a little time alone doing something we enjoy for ourselves which in my case is usually early morning rides on a weekend and directly after work for an hour a couple of times a week. This means it has no impact on the rest of our lives.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Has your wife asked for a bike?
If so, I can't see that it will end your 'me time'. Hubby has his bike and we don't always ride together. Sometimes I just ride for 5 or 6 miles with him and then clear off for another 15 - 20 by myself.
He would have no problems if I went out with cycling buddies without him - not that I have any but he wouldn't mind.
I really enjoy our cycling 'us' time. Its great to share a hobby.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
You may loose a bit of me time, as i did when the other half started, but know she is getting up to speed i am getting a bit more me time back, but am really enjoying the time we share together on the bikes.^_^

Top Bottom