England : London Wednesday 23 May - evening London ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I noticed that a fair chunk of my route home last night (A3 and South Circular) has pristine, velvet smooth, recently laid blacktop (lovely).
Is it coincidence or is it because it forms part of the Olympic Road Race route?

I turned down Lower Richmond Rd Yesterday, after coming across Putney Bridge and they were laying the new surface on the westbound lane (had to get a move-on along the contraflow because the eastbound that I was forced to use was still tacky). It must have set pretty sharpish because this was still happening about 4:30pm.

wanda2010

Guru
I think I got called a bad word beginning with 'c' by somebody in London Dynamo kit when he passed me and I was sort of but not really going for it.
Then I stayed with him.

Schweet :thumbsup:

U

User10571

What about tomorrow (Thursday 24th)? Anyone up for a riverside ride or meet and ride in London and drinks after watching the sun go down over the river sitting on the wall outside the Angel at Rotherhithe? I may pop this up as a standalone thread.

So I took the fixer for a riverside ride up to the Angel in Rov'rive this evening. I saw plenty of people there, but no one I knew.

Turned my back on the setting sun and headed for The Cutty Sark (pub) in Greenwich where, once again, I spun through 180° to catch a soft-focus orange orb impaled on a shard of glass.
I've not seen one yet, but someone (many) will, doubtless, take that photo soon.

Those of you who stayed indoors to watch Corrie: You missed the breathtaking riverside sunset I saw.

saoirse50

Veteran
Sorry I didn't follow up my earlier post this week. I did try but I didn't realise I don't have access to CC at work as I have never tried it before. And then I had to to work late anyway.

Top Bottom