Wednesday - Any Change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I think all this news of team crisis meetings with the players and them having their say etc is a load of old Jabulani's!!

Come 3pm wednesday it will be 4-4-2, Rooney and Heskey up front, Gerrard and Lampard playing* together and a shed load of frustrated England Fans!

Having said that I think it will be 2-1 England, but no one will say "oooh that was a gamble, we still should have changed" all will be forgotten and 4-4-2 will remain into the knockouts! the new Nike advert sums up the fickle English press perfectly and everyone knows it!

*Well on the pitch wearing the same coloured clothes.

rsvdaz

imo I dont think lampard has earned his place...I would stick to 4-4-2 with cole, Barry, Gerrard and SWP and have Defoe and Rooney up front.

~Ive noticed teams playing against England have there tactics right and not giving our players time or space when they have the ball..its up to the forwards to make this space so the likes of barry and Gerrad can make sharper passses.
If at half time we arent winning I would go for broke and take Barry off and put Crouch on for a very attacking 4-3-3

Problem for England is Terry and Carragher lack pace at the back. Add in Cole and Johnson, (good going forward but not the tightest defenders in the world) and England can't play a high line and compress the game, thereby problem with being able to pressurise the ball higher up the pitch. Thats the root of the problem. England are going to have to be brave and trust to good fortune I'm afraid.. either that or go three at the back with a sweeper.. not a system they've got much practice with. From what I've seen of the Slovenia team, they don't seem to have an out and out pacey striker so I think England should be able to get the win, but against other opposition in the next round, they may have a problem.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
James; Johnson, Upson, Terry, Cole A.; Cole J., Barry, Gerrard, Lampard; Rooney, Defoe.

not great, but surely to goodness, well able to score goals against Slovenia. Says the man who predicted no punctures on the Cleethorpes ride.

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
dellzeqq said:
James; Johnson, Upson, Terry, Cole A.; Cole J., Barry, Gerrard, Lampard; Rooney, Defoe.

not great, but surely to goodness, well able to score goals against Slovenia. Says the man who predicted no punctures on the Cleethorpes ride.

Is this a prediction or a recommendation dell?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Wigsie said:
Is this a prediction or a recommendation dell?
a suicide note

Top Bottom