Weekday ride around the lanes of Cheshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeeShot

Veteran
I'm just trying to gauge whether there would be any interest for a Monday or Thursday daytime social ride around the lanes of Cheshire.

Plan is to meet at Redes Mere car park (off the A34 betweem Congleton and Alderley Edge) at 10.00am returning before 2.00pm.

Distance between 20 and 35 miles depending on weather, abilities etc..... I'm no fan of main roads so would use the minor roads/lanes as much as possible. (All tarmac)

Speed is tricky, much more than 15 mph and you'll leave me behind, so 11 - 13 ish. Regroup at junctions and trying to stay together.

All welcome, drop bar, flat bar, Lycra, baggies, young and old.

Chat would be good, cafe stop would be compulsory !!!

With the festive season upon us I'm looking at mid January for a possible date. 9th or 13th ?

There are so many routes from the starting point that right now I'm just testing the water. Most of the roads are pretty flat, the only bit of a hill is Artist Lane but that can be avoided if needed.

Cheers

Mike

Cyclist33

If I can get the time off work, AND drag my sorry ass out from Warrington, I might be into this.

Stu

OP
OP
T

TeeShot

Veteran
Weather improving by the day!!! should be good for Thursday. I'm quite happy to delay till 10.30 if that suits others.

Mike

Its just under 20 miles for me to cycle over there from Cuddington, so at 10:30am start would be better for me if that is OK with everyone else and I suspect I will 'bale' around the 20 mile mark as well, making a 60 mile round trip for me for the day. Is that OK?

OP
OP
T

TeeShot

Veteran
10.30 start it is then. You're welcome to join in for as many miles as you like.

Cafe stop planned for about 15 miles in

Anyone else tempted ?

Mike

Cyclist33

Short of a horrendous downpour or punctures, me. Like SatNav I've got a 20 mile ride to get to the RV point so may have to pick n choose a finishing point!

Stu

OP
OP
T

TeeShot

Veteran
Weather forecast is.........Changing by the hour. We won't get sunburnt though!!

I'm at work first thing but will be at Redesmere before 10.30, faffing around to make sure I've got everything

Mike

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't head towards Macclesfield along the lane from Redesmere, unless you are prepared to get muddy. It's usually filthy ! Jodrell Bank cafe good, it's not far but worth a visit if you are venturing round the lanes.

OP
OP
T

TeeShot

Veteran
Th
Don't head towards Macclesfield along the lane from Redesmere, unless you are prepared to get muddy. It's usually filthy ! Jodrell Bank cafe good, it's not far but worth a visit if you are venturing round the lanes.

Thanks for that, it is sometimes a bit smelly past the farm May take the circular route to marton before aiming towards Jodrell Bank

OP
OP
T

TeeShot

Veteran
The weather's going to have to get drastically better if I'm to make it out tomorrow!

Just got absolutely drenched going to Halfords for pedals.

Stu

Persisting down in south Manchester this evening.

On the bright side the forecast is for things to improve Fully understand if I'm on my own tomorrow.

Top Bottom