Weight loss and cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

acrybb

No. But thanks for the offer :smile:. Genuinely mate if your serious about losing weight its really very good. At first it seems extreme i was given a target of 1440 calories (im a short ar*e). What you need to realise is that its a net figure so rather than hitting 1440 every day you need to average it over a week. When i go to the gym i usually burn about 800-1000 calories 3-4 times per week. So as long as you do the exercise then its a really easy target to hit. it will try to prompt you to lower it but dont. just stick with the plan.

Best of luck
Andy

musa

Über Member
change your eating style and diet...drink more water or fruit even an apple is something like 70% water over others less tea and coffee

build yyyour legs muscles by going gym few times a week and do squats.....your legs carry on your weight so its important.....your aim (me talking) is double your bodyweight (im nearly there wooo)
i also go by a 5x5 routine....i just need to build myy stamina

but main thing is change your diet ..eat well sleep well and be comfortable with yourself....dont aim too high too quick youll burn out and once you see no progression youll be fustrated and not try no more so slow increments...

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
If you can cut out (or down)beers, it is a triple winner.

1. They are calorific (200-250 cals for a pint of lager)
2. Less likely to binge on junk food (as you might, after a few)
3. More likely to get up and get out on that early morning ride you had planned

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If you can cut out (or down)beers, it is a triple winner.

1. They are calorific (200-250 cals for a pint of lager)
2. Less likely to binge on junk food (as you might, after a few)
3. More likely to get up and get out on that early morning ride you had planned
I can vouch for that! Every time I have put that into practice, I lose 2-3 pounds a week.

(PS Obviously that only works if you being overweight is due to too much booze and not enough cycling. If you don't drink much, then some food will have to go instead!)

swampyseifer

In my experience...

Weightloss mainly comes from diet, exercising (gym/cycling/running/whatever) is purely to increase fitness levels plus it tones and reshapes the body. I lost nearly 6 stone before I started at the gym and I looked not a lot different, just a bit less round all over...I've only(!) lost just over 2 stone more than that since I started at the gym and cycling, yet my body shape has changed dramatically

OP
OP
P

PurplePoodle

My legs muscles are dead and I done sit ups yesterday so now my stomach muscles are aswell! Luckily I don't drink so that isn't a problem ;)

Top Bottom