Weight Loss - why arent I losing more ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Is that a joke about spending money on expensive bikes and expecting to automatically lose lots of weight, or should there be an 'off' in there somewhere! :whistle:

I fluffed that good and proper! It should read ‘He is the same coach that goes by the mantra, ‘Ounces are lost on the bike, but pounds are lost in the kitchen.’

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Cheaper to lose a lb off of the body than a lb off of the bike.

In reference to the TR coach’s quote above: He means we loose more of our excess by being more careful what we eat and can only expect marginal gains through exercise.

But you are right: the lighter we are, the more economic on the wallet. Weight savings on the bike cost silly money. Certainly stuff I can’t afford.

screenman

Legendary Member
In reference to the TR coach’s quote above: He means we loose more of our excess by being more careful what we eat and can only expect marginal gains through exercise.

But you are right: the lighter we are, the more economic on the wallet. Weight savings on the bike cost silly money. Certainly stuff I can’t afford.

You cannot outrun a bad diet.

keithmac

Guru
For me when I decided to loose two and a half stone it was done by portion control and cutting out snacks, no fancy fad diets.

I aim to get a 3rd on Protein Carbs and Fat, seems the best way for me.

I did try cutting Carbs once and felt washed out and dizzy at work, so a no go.

Chicken based meals seem to be the best kcal per fullness ratio!.

keithmac

Guru
Breakfast is also the enemy for me, if I eat breakfast I'm hungry all day!.

Tried it again last week (porridge) and proved it once and for all..

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Breakfast is also the enemy for me, if I eat breakfast I'm hungry all day!.

Tried it again last week (porridge) and proved it once and for all..

I am the same.
Very strange - if I eat a decent bowl of porridge in the morning, I can easily go until 10 pm without eating again. (Assuming that I am cycling less than 30 hilly miles that day.)

keithmac

Guru
Very strange - if I eat a decent bowl of porridge in the morning, I can easily go until 10 pm without eating again. (Assuming that I am cycling less than 30 hilly miles that day.)

I had to crack open my emergency Pot Noodle at 11 am at work, had no choice!.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm assuming that @keithmac and @screenman are talking about a PROPER big bowl of porridge, not just a little sachet of Oat So Simple (whatever)? :whistle:

I typically make my porridge from a 250 mL scoop of rolled oats, 250 mL of semi-skimmed milk, and 350 mL of water. I add raisins, mixed seeds, chopped grapes and/or strawberries, and slice a banana on top. Plenty there to keep me going all day! :okay:

keithmac

Guru
It was a full bowl full, must be down to genetics or something!.

Just not built for breakfast, a cup of tea can put me on 'till dinnertime..

Top Bottom