Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Update 18.10.11

20.12.10 18 stone 6 (117 kgs)
22.08.11 17 stone 13 (114 kgs)
06.09.11 16 stone 13 (107 kgs
21.09.11 16 stone 6 (104 kgs)
18.10.11 15 stone 13 (101 kgs)

Interim target 12 stone (76 kgs)

:biggrin:

potsy

Rambler
Under 16st 4F.

Well done fella, :thumbsup:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Under 16st 4F.

Well done fella, :thumbsup:

+1, top effort Sir
biggrin.gif

I was at that stage, but then went back over 16 st.
Next weigh in will be in a couple of weeks time, son't want to depress myself and put myself off in the meantime!

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I came out of my winter hibernation @ 223lbs could not get back in to cycling my commute, May 1st I hit the road again starting gently with just a one way ride of 15 miles each day. The last 14 days I have done every day both ways.

Five years ago this month I weighed an eye popping 260lbs aged 41

Weight today 198lbs Target for August 180lbs or slightly less.

Reduced takeaways, beer and biscuits. Upped fruit and veg.

I am now really enjoying (most) of my commutes, and will aim not to hibernate this year but will go to the Gym on really bad weather days and cycle the rest at least one way.

It is so hard and painful recovering the fitness to do the full commute.

Did not hit that target but still riding to work weighed this 13.2 weight drop has slowed.

I bought some Omron body scan scales which have me at normal BF 19.9% but still overweight in BMI Visceral 10 (9 would be normal)

I reckon I could wear 32" Reg jeans as the 34" can be taken off without undoing. Really chuffed and 80%+ of this has been down to my bike.

What are you on? I watch this the night before to get me out on the hard days :blush:

Steve H

Large Member
I know its not the best time of year to focus on weight loss, but I need to get back on the horse again. Weight has crept back up to 17 stone 2 over the last few months. Still been cycling, but have simply eaten and drunk too much, too regularly. Working lots of hours leads me to comfort eat too often. Anyway - had a good week off work this week to get my head back in a good space and now I'm going to try and lose a few pounds before the new year. Going skiing at the end of January so good to have a target date to work to. 1-2 pounds a week is the aim with a realisation that Christmas and New Year weeks may not count!

Ajay

Veteran
I know its not the best time of year to focus on weight loss, but I need to get back on the horse again. Weight has crept back up to 17 stone 2 over the last few months. Still been cycling, but have simply eaten and drunk too much, too regularly. Working lots of hours leads me to comfort eat too often. Anyway - had a good week off work this week to get my head back in a good space and now I'm going to try and lose a few pounds before the new year. Going skiing at the end of January so good to have a target date to work to. 1-2 pounds a week is the aim with a realisation that Christmas and New Year weeks may not count!
Nice one Steve, I could've written that!
I've sneaked a stone on since my french end2end in june, and am 17st2lb aswell.
Let's gee each other on, on here, race you to 16st :unsure:
You're on the Cheshire Cat aren't you? See you then, if not before on one of Colins rides!

Steve H

Large Member
Nice one Steve, I could've written that!
I've sneaked a stone on since my french end2end in june, and am 17st2lb aswell.
Let's gee each other on, on here, race you to 16st
You're on the Cheshire Cat aren't you? See you then, if not before on one of Colins rides!

Race to 16 stone. Sounds perfect. Unfortunately I got lulled into a Hog Roast Sandwich Hut in central Manchester yesterday. Also had beer available. This is not helping!!!

Let the race begin. Ready, steady, GO!

potsy

Rambler
Can I join in with the race?
The way I'm going I'll be 16st before you two :biggrin:

Steve H

Large Member
Oops. Ajay - I started running our race in the wrong direction. Last week had more of an impact than I thought - on Saturday I was up 2 pounds to 17"4. Got my satnav re-programmed now and hopefully will be catching you back up again before you get too much of a head start. ColinJ beasted me up some pretty steep hills on Sunday which I'm hoping will be helping.

Potsy - you are welcome to join the race if you want. Although me thinks you've already been doing pretty well this year. Your couple of pounds rise is against a decent backdrop of steady weight loss throughout 2011. Think you might be flying around Spring into the Dales come April time!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm mainly posting to see if the thread marker now shows me as having posted here, but BTW - I'm still hovering at 15 st 6 lbs, so a stone down from my peak, but 3 stone above where I want to be!

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
Thought I'd make my first post in here and add my 2p. Ironically, it's being done after I've reached a bit of a plateau, but still a fair way to go.

188cm/6' 2"

22/11/2011: 95.9Kg / 210.9lbs / 15st 1lb / BMI 27.1 (according to scales) / Body fat 27.4% (according to scales)

When I started off cycling "properly" again back in July I was close to 17 stone. Because my scales work in Kg, I've never bothered doing the conversion until now and whilst I knew I'd lost weight, I'm pleasantly happy that I've dropped nearly 2 stone in that time. I don't really do dieting... I've never been into punishing myself and I'm fond of a burger and a couple of pints on a weekend.

On the other hand, I know Christmas is fast approaching and I've also set myself a couple of big cycling challenges next year, including a 700 mile in 7 days ride (including two sportives, one of which is the Dartmoor Classic) and I also want to start racing. I'm in the midst of putting myself together a proper training plan to cover the next 6-8 months, but I realise that I'm going to have to get down closer to my alleged "ideal" weight (80kg) if I want to be a proper racing snake.

Time to buy a turbo, I think...

MattHB

Proud Daddy
Weighed in this morning after a few weeks. Ive been stuck at 16st 4 for ages and ages but its tipped below that to 16st 2lb :smile: thats 1st 3 in a year now, but a stone of that since June!! (got the bike end of september)

sddpc

Hi All,
About time i posted in this part of the forum.

I decided to "get fit" nearly two years ago ... any weight loss would be benificial, but the main idea was to try to build up my lungs
to overcome my long term asthma problems. (My doctor also advised a "low impact" form of exercise).
I started with 15 to 20 mile walks every sunday, walking the entire coast of norfolk in the process.

Then i decided to overhaul a very old bike frame (see my previous posts on here somewhere), and from that started cycling
5 to 7 miles once or twice a week. Anyway, i quickly found cycling was a damn fine form of "stress relief" ... i have quite a
demanding job, on my feet all day and answering to many people around a large factory site.

Then i bought a £800 road bike, and increased my miles from 7 to 10, 20, 25 ... 35 (killed me), settling back into a routine
22 mile ride twice a week along the same route ..... getting faster and faster!!

A garmin sat-nav watch followed, then i bought a mountain bike to try offroad riding, then a cheap hybrid bike to use for work!
Then i realised if i converted my cheap hybrid to drop bars i could continue my regular training rides through this coming winter
without risking damage to my expensive road bike.

Basically i've gone from 16 stone 4 pounds ... to 13 stone 10 pounds in 19 months, whilst *NOT* watching the calories!!!!!

I have a resting heartrate of 48 bpm, maximum of 190 bpm when slogging up a hill. (41 years old)!
I can hold my breath for 130 seconds.
My longest ride on a road bike = 78 miles.
My longest ride on a mountain bike (90% off road along peddars way) = 55 miles.
The steepest hill i've ridden up = 3650 feet (and carried and pushed :whistle: )
The coldest i've been out riding was -7c

This years mileage according to my records on the garmin connect website (since 1st january) is 1650 miles ... aiming to crack
2000 miles before the year is out.

So there you go, getting fit and loosing weight without watching the calories is entirely possible, you just need to have a busy job
in the day, ignore the tv for a couple of hours every other evening, wear a high vis jacket, have five bike lights ... the same 30 mile route
to stick to and enjoy looking out for foxes/owls/deer/cars on the regular rides .... :wacko:

Top Bottom