Weinmann Centre Pull Red Cap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harrismith

Hi all. I'm restoring an old Dawes and its Weinmann Centre Pull Brakes.
Front works lovely
Rear brake doesn't because it is missing a little part which I'm finding hard to describe. It's the little red cap on top of the metal ball end which helps the ball end glide in the path cut out for it. Here is a pic of the front which does have the red cap, circled.

I've searched Google with no luck. Is there anyone who could tell me what it's called and if I can source any?!
Hopeful thanks

Antonio

Hi.
I have just been given a very old Carlton bike by a widow friend of my wife. I have started to strip it down and took the brakes off to clean. Low and behold Weinmann 610 center pull. Great brakes from the old days. These too have the little protrusion on the outer arm on both front and rear. As you rightly say this slips in to the channel on the adjacent arm to limit it's travel.
Strangely enough the front brake has a red spot of paint on the 'bit' but not on the rear one. Are you actually saying that the rear brake doesn't have this protrusion at all??
If so then I think you will need the whole single arm and that might be difficult to acquire as a single part . I have just googled these brakes and there are quite a few on Ebay ( not a site I frequent at all) and Freemanscycles .co.uk to name but two. So they are out there.
About £15 or so .. Might well do the job for you.
Good luck
Anthony-

Gunk

Guru
Hi.
I have just been given a very old Carlton bike by a widow friend of my wife. I have started to strip it down and took the brakes off to clean. Low and behold Weinmann 610 center pull. Great brakes from the old days. These too have the little protrusion on the outer arm on both front and rear. As you rightly say this slips in to the channel on the adjacent arm to limit it's travel.
Strangely enough the front brake has a red spot of paint on the 'bit' but not on the rear one. Are you actually saying that the rear brake doesn't have this protrusion at all??
If so then I think you will need the whole single arm and that might be difficult to acquire as a single part . I have just googled these brakes and there are quite a few on Ebay ( not a site I frequent at all) and Freemanscycles .co.uk to name but two. So they are out there.
About £15 or so .. Might well do the job for you.
Good luck
Anthony-

I agree, I often have this problem with small components broken or missing and it’s easier and cheaper to buy a complete used caliper

Top Bottom