Weird sleep/dreams after cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Sometimes if I've not eaten quite enough (honest, sometimes it does happen to me!) after longer periods of exercise I sleep more lightly than usual, almost an "anxious" kind of sleep.

I sometimes find that if the rides been longer or harder than usual I can't sleep that night, it seems to be a mind thing, the bodies tired and just wants rest, but the mind just wants to rerun the day, my normal comment the following day is that every time I closed my eyes all I could see was the road. I've used meditation in the past to sort it, I also have a CD of something called binaural beats, sounds like falling rain and that's worked in the past.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I sometimes find that if the rides been longer or harder than usual I can't sleep that night, it seems to be a mind thing, the bodies tired and just wants rest, but the mind just wants to rerun the day, my normal comment the following day is that every time I closed my eyes all I could see was the road.
There are 30 mile routes round here that I've ridden (say) 20 or more times that I can replay in my mind in minute detail. I can remember every little twist and turn in the road, where major buildings are, the views and so on. It's quite spooky to visualise myself riding round them. It takes me about 15 minutes to replay 30 miles.

One very deep sleep between two long day shifts, I dreamt I was cycling through a blizzard total white out.
Woke up the following morning adrift!

Top Bottom