Welcome from falkirk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
Yes it was actually, think I'm ready for the race on Sunday! Are you also doing it?
Not this time, I have done it several times in the past but now I'm just cycling closer to home. As Pat"5mph" says, it's not a race just enjoy the company and chat to others along the way. Although there may be closed road sections some road discipline has to be maintained for your own safety and that of others:okay:.
Have fun!:smile:

OP
OP
F

Fauj270

Regular
Thanks for the advice guys I'm cycling with my cousin who has taken up cycling recently so we won't be going too fast. Excited for tomorrow!

OP
OP
F

Fauj270

Regular
Thanks for the messages all! Did the petal for scotland, I really enjoyed it! And enjoyed the roads being closed to vehicles and could cycle without a worry in the world. I completed the ride in 2hr and 40 mins, not sure if this is good or bad, but I'm really happy with that. I stopped a couple of times but not for too long as I wanted to keep the momentum going. I would be really keen to either do another event between now and the end of the year or plan for events in 2019 around Scotland. Does anyone have any advice on this ? I was checking out sportives and I think they are open roads so which I'm not entirely comfortable with single lane country roads as I've had plenty of drivers overtake dangerously. Does anyone have advice for sportives in general and where to look for 2019 events ?
Screenshot_20180909-110918.jpg

Top Bottom