Well, finished the coast to coast yesterday.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Well done. Very well done.

0lonerider

Veteran
Route 72 is Hadrians (with no climbs as bad a whinlatter and hartside) the C2C is route 71.

Well done especially with no training! I'm doing a combination of 71 and 72 (via 68) at the end of june and trying to get training now.
i wasnt compairing how hard the each route is!
i said it is a FUN ride! doable in a day if your in a hurry!
some guy did route 72 +c2c loop from tynemouth in less than 24 hours 2years ago!.
enjoy your ride.

Whitehaven to tynemouth...broken and battered.....rain and hailstone most of the way...... with no training.......utter hell.
Commiserations. It was pouring down for most of my ride last year, too. Almost rear-ended another cyclist going up Crawleyside - I had my head firmly down and didn't think anyone could be going slower than me, but I was wrong. Ooops.

Lots of great routes in the North of England - don't restrict yourself just to the C2C. Hadrian's is fun but the Pennine Cycleway (NCN 68) is the real epic IMO.

AndyRM

XOXO
cheers everyone...to be fair i dont think if i done fourty miles a day it wouldnt have made any difference... there are no mountains round me to train on...its like peddling up a wall......whinlatter forrest was worse than hartside in my eyes.... i had at least three "i quit tantrums" all weekend

Get yourself out to Northumberland - plenty hills to train on.

ste.pearson

Formerly known as stevieP
Congrats and well done^_^ i am hoping for decent weather next month when i do it,but given where you go you would have to be very lucky not to get any rain at all

Top Bottom