Well I did it first 100 mile ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My challenge is being outside more than 2-3 hrs, I have done it, like when I rode to York for the WNBR, I get extremely anxious, I work on it, Tuesdays and Fridays (Tues to the photo group, Fri to group therapy), these are safe places for me, so when I leave it's almost like I have left the house, so I have up to three hours or so, which means on these days I can be out for up to 6 hours or so. I did 43miles on Tues in 2:49 and 42 on Wed in 2:37, today so far 32 in 1:56, but I can nip out and do a 10-20 mile (depends which I do) local run.
I can understand that problem - I had really bad agrophobia when I was in my early 20s! I finally overcame it when I got a factory job, which I struggled with for about 2 weeks, but after that I got used to the routine and started to feel okay.

You'll crack it in the end, and then you will probably be more interested in doing longer distances. Good luck with the therapy!

Boon 51

Veteran
Well done on your 100 miler, thats a feather in your cap.. :thumbsup:

I can understand that problem - I had really bad agrophobia when I was in my early 20s! I finally overcame it when I got a factory job, which I struggled with for about 2 weeks, but after that I got used to the routine and started to feel okay.

You'll crack it in the end, and then you will probably be more interested in doing longer distances. Good luck with the therapy!
Thanks Colin.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
@skinnydog1973 Really well done. Much respect.

Afraid I'm a bit like Nigel in this respect, it just takes too long. Although I love getting out pretty much every day, I can't see me ever staying out long enough to do 100 miles so much kudos, especially given the amount of time you have been riding.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
@skinnydog1973 Really well done. Much respect.

Afraid I'm a bit like Nigel in this respect, it just takes too long. Although I love getting out pretty much every day, I can't see me ever staying out long enough to do 100 miles so much kudos, especially given the amount of time you have been riding.

Split it into two Mo. Go do 50-60 miles, stop somewhere for 45 minutes or so for something to eat, then go complete the hundred.

Well done skinny

Brandane

Legendary Member
Hartside Cafe; that was hard enough on a 600cc motorbike! And by the looks of that Strava graph, Killhope Cross is even more of a climb :ohmy:. So, respect to you for not choosing a less difficult option for the 100 miles. Well done on completing it, no doubt you will be on a high all weekend - once you recover!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Great achievement - have a beer! :thumbsup:

MaxInc

Those hills would have been enough of a challenge one way! Congrats on the achievement and enjoy your rest :smile:

Top Bottom