Well I never expected this !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
I got a txt from the cops about 10 mins ago !!

Bloody ‘ell !!!!!
So, having the bike registered on the national register and reporting it stolen does sometime pay off , I’m hoping it’s not sustained to much damage and I can ride it home today !

Last edited:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That’s good news. How long ago was yours stolen?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Great stuff. Let us know the gory details when you get them from the cops.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Well it’s back ! minus mudguards and pannier rack, front brake lever damaged and slight buckle on front wheel, no frame damage so all good, the cop revealed that the rider was on it when they nabbed him was involved in some form of crime and is to be prosecuted , no idea what he had been upto , the arresting officer had the presence of mind to check under the downtube for reg and the scrote could not prove ownership, Cops took it back to station and the crime prevention cop did the rest ,so is a big 👍 from me to Met Police , nice one !

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Well it’s back ! minus mudguards and pannier rack, front brake lever damaged and slight buckle on front wheel, no frame damage so all good, the cop revealed that the rider was on it when they nabbed him was involved in some form of crime and is to be prosecuted , no idea what he had been upto , the arresting officer had the presence of mind to check under the downtube for reg and the scrote could not prove ownership, Cops took it back to station and the crime prevention cop did the rest ,so is a big 👍 from me to Met Police , nice one !

A fantastic positive story for once. Congratulations. :okay:

Top Bottom