well I never never seen this before I say

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

supersixone

Hi bike on ebay. Claims to be falcon Eddie merckx. I think it's not it looks like an old bike but overspray on front tyre plus mtb for sale in same colour any ideas

midlife

Guru
Link ?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Wouldn't be this one would it, that came up locally to me yesterday? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...-Speed-Shed-Find-for-Restoration/264751299624 Looks to have been sprayed with something but the original Falcon version wasn't an expensive bike originally and this has Shimano 400 (Tiagra level?) componentry.

s-l1600.jpg

I checked the MTB the seller's listed as well; it's an old Universal model.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

supersixone

That's the one so it's a basic entry level falcon which has been re sprayed are they worth anything
Have seen other merckx but mostly in orange

midlife

Guru
Its a Falcon frame from the lower end of the range, it has a rear mech hanger which the cheap Eddy Merckx shouldn't have but being a Falcon that doesn't mean much. Not the original paint. The chainset looks like Miche.

OP
OP
S

supersixone

It's also got two cogs only seen that on my carlton
Chainset is miche might be worth something then

midlife

Guru
could have gotten the pink and yellow seat tube stickers the right way round....... pink was always at the bottom lol

OP
OP
S

supersixone

You know something, is wrong but you cannot see it tube, decals the pink is allways at the bottom

DCLane

You know something, is wrong but you cannot see it tube, decals the pink is allways at the bottom

True. Wrong lugs (crespera?) and mudguard mounts - I'd suggest something Raleigh/Carlton from the 1970's. The Shimano 400 rear derailleur would date post-1977. The logo's wrong as well - it should look like this:

55101217_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagram.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

midlife

Guru
The lugs on the OP's frame are Falcon's own and pitched up on a variety of frames including Merckx, Olympic, Black Diamond. Harking back to the style of the Carlton Flyer lugs. Has some braze ons so late 70's into the 80's.

DCLane

Sold for £62 :eek: - seems to be symptomatic of the current climate.

I hope my Peugeot Tourmalet project realises a decent price then when it goes on sale next week with new wheels / brakes / levers / seatpost / etc.

Top Bottom