well I've done it, I've put a claim in...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lee1980sim

A while ago now I fell at work as a result of them leaving high pressure hosing strewn in the doorway of the company assigned cycle area, it was dark at the time and there was no lighting, I twisted my knee sprained my wrist and tore my glove, obviously it was mentioned and recorded at work and things were supposed to be done, this hasn't happened so now I'm at the end of my tether as even speaking to Union reps got me nowhere, I'm just a little unsure about it as I'm not doing it for any money I just want things changed so the company actually adheres to this little thing called health and safety regulations

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Sometimes it is the only way. The company listens to its insurers when they put the premium up and ask for the excess !

Mrs M

Guru
A while ago now I fell at work as a result of them leaving high pressure hosing strewn in the doorway of the company assigned cycle area, it was dark at the time and there was no lighting, I twisted my knee sprained my wrist and tore my glove, obviously it was mentioned and recorded at work and things were supposed to be done, this hasn't happened so now I'm at the end of my tether as even speaking to Union reps got me nowhere, I'm just a little unsure about it as I'm not doing it for any money I just want things changed so the company actually adheres to this little thing called health and safety regulations

Good on you for trying to change things for the better.
Hope your employer sees things that way.

gbb

Legendary Member
Cant speak for OPs employer but the last 2 companies ive worked at have / had claims against them for various things, I think they see it as part and parcel of business nowadays..ive not heard of anyone being victimised for claiming against their employer.
Again, just my experience talking to our H&S officers.

TVC

Cant speak for OPs employer but the last 2 companies ive worked at have / had claims against them for various things, I think they see it as part and parcel of business nowadays..ive not heard of anyone being victimised for claiming against their employer.
Again, just my experience talking to our H&S officers.
It happened at my place, nothing overt, he just found himself being overlooked and given more than his share of the less desireable tasks.

OP
OP
lee1980sim

lee1980sim

Sometimes it is the only way. The company listens to its insurers when they put the premium up and ask for the excess !

They're self insured so we'll have to see

I've just passed your number on to the accident claims company that keeps spamming me.......they will be in touch :thumbsup:

Why not they already take up 50% of my junk email

if your not doing it for the money any you get give to a charity . you will fill justified in winning and making them sort things out and a warm glow inside for helping out those in need

Good idea I didn't think of that

That's a nice idea, or he may want to hang on to it for a while in case he gets his P45 :whistle:
Certainly the OP has to be prepared to find another employer, because he's not getting a promotion where he is.

I'm already detecting some animosity

Good on you for trying to change things for the better.
Hope your employer sees things that way.

I've tried everything else

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
One in five NHS employees are sacked in these circumstances and the remainder usually have a trashed career ...........

Shaun

hoopdriver

Guru
How much do you get from the referral fee? :unsure:
Five million dollars. It's waiting in an account in Lagos. All he has to do is send them his bank account details and password, his drivers license number, date of birth, passport number, his holiday plans, an outline of the key to his front door, and a map of the route his children take to school. The usual.

Top Bottom