Well let's talk about the C word.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Only 55 days left, and @postman
IMG_20201030_231820.jpg

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Pakistan?
It passes the 'no Christmas' and 'pleasant temperatures in December/January' tests, but it fails the 'cheap to get to', 'gammy leg tolerates travel to destination', and (most importantly!) the 'quirky sense of humour results in something horrid happening to me' tests!

Not to mention dodgy road surfaces, crazy drivers, and rabid dogs... :laugh:

countryreports.org said:
Roads are crowded, drivers are often aggressive and poorly trained, and many vehicles, particularly large trucks and buses, are badly maintained. Donkeys, cattle, horse carts, and even the occasional camel can pose roadside hazards in some areas. Roads, including most major highways, also suffer from poor maintenance and often have numerous potholes, sharp drop-offs and barriers that are not sign-posted. Drivers should exercise extreme caution when traveling at night by road, as many vehicles do not have proper illumination or dimmers nor are most roads properly illuminated or signed. Driving without experienced local drivers or guides is not recommended.
PASS! :okay:

classic33

Leg End Member
It passes the 'no Christmas' and 'pleasant temperatures in December/January' tests, but it fails the 'cheap to get to', 'gammy leg tolerates travel to destination', and (most importantly!) the 'quirky sense of humour results in something horrid happening to me' tests!

Not to mention dodgy road surfaces, crazy drivers, and rabid dogs... :laugh:

PASS! :okay:
The piece in bold sounds like Mytholmroyd.

Julia9054

Guru
I'll miss our usual Christmas party. This started when the boys were choristers and we used to do curry and beer for everyone between the 2 church services - 9 lessons and carols and midnight mass. It has now turned into a party for all clapped out local musicians who have been singing and playing Christmas music for weeks.
The little trebles are now aged 21 - 26 and still turn up. Only now they drink us out of house and home!
So, I guess, the one slight upside is we won't be spending as much

Kryton521

Über Member
Winter gloves, got from my Brother couple of weeks ago, still haven't used yet as soon as they arrived it went wet & warm........
Waterproof jacket, got from Sis', used already, very happy with it.

Still would like some new "Roubaix"{sp?} bib tights. Really would like some winter boots, had some but they finally gave up a year or so ago, and there comes a point where over shoes just don't it.
A lottery win would be brill'?

Peace and goodwill to all men? Except anyone in the Conservative party or associated with the Government! :cursing:

screenman

Legendary Member
Pam has informed me that one of the jobs for today is too sort out each others Xmas pressies, as long as it is big and expensive then I am not normally fussed what it is.

Top Bottom