Well let's talk about the C word.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
A friend of mine (who does actually like Christmas) got a job in an Alpine ski lodge one winter. When she wasn't actually working, she got plenty of skiing and hiking in!
I've actually only been skiing 3 times in my life (all school trips). I'd love to be able to afford to go regularly and get good at it. It is, I'm told, cheaper to go at Christmas than the usual school holiday prices as most families have family Christmas commitments. New Year is eye wateringly expensive

Autobio's by
John Cooper Clarke (Dr) &
Matthew Mahogany

Hopefully bought from local indy shop. If practicable this year :-/

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I'm a humble man so don't ask for much..

- Anyone responsible for retailing or advertising "festive" products, or inflicting "seasonal music" on the general populous before the 1st of December to be publically crucified on Chrismas day.

- A two-month holiday until the 2nd of Jan to somewhere the general population have no concept of what "Christmas" is..

gbb

Legendary Member
As a side note, a friend of my wife ( who I think is slightly weird anyway...the friend, not my wife)... has just put their decorations up. Each to their own, but really ?

I have no wish list really, as long as I get plain black socks, I'm happy.

I think the spelling is correct!

C**tmas.

Ho ho bloody ho!

tyred

Legendary Member
I want yet another woolly hat, five pairs of socks, two pairs of gloves, a stripey jumper which doesn't fit properly, two bottles of hideous smelling aftershave and a Terry's Chocolate Orange. At least that's what I usually seem to get.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've actually only been skiing 3 times in my life (all school trips). I'd love to be able to afford to go regularly and get good at it. It is, I'm told, cheaper to go at Christmas than the usual school holiday prices as most families have family Christmas commitments. New Year is eye wateringly expensive
Get a job in a ski lodge during the school holidays...? :whistle:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I’m getting a Specialized Align MIPS helmet. At £40 it’s worth a punt. My old non MIPS version is getting a bit horrible and scruffy on the straps and hasn’t cleaned up well.

I’m also getting a Mavic Jersey which was reduced from £90 to £25 from my local bike shop.

Other than that I don’t think anything else will be bike or cycling related.

I’d like Raynor Winns new book which is a follow up to The Salt Path to read how her and hubby are doing now and perhaps Mountains According to G.
+1 for the Specialized Align helmet, bought one a few months ago, very comfy.

Top Bottom