well, that didnt last long

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
2 weeks ago had injections in my knee and it worked great, for 2 weeks. Today is another lovely sunny day so went for a ride, 5 miles in the pain returned with a vengence ! Next step is a replacement which i cant really have, as i live alone and need somebody here for a few weeks, so unless somebody fancies a stay in France to look after me :smile: haha i'm stuck. Hope you are having a better day wherever you are xxx

vickster

Legendary Member
2 weeks ago had injections in my knee and it worked great, for 2 weeks. Today is another lovely sunny day so went for a ride, 5 miles in the pain returned with a vengence ! Next step is a replacement which i cant really have, as i live alone and need somebody here for a few weeks, so unless somebody fancies a stay in France to look after me :smile: haha i'm stuck. Hope you are having a better day wherever you are xxx
Ice the knee :okay: and take some pain relief :smile:
You say injections, what were they?

vickster

Legendary Member
some sort of cortizone and an oil based one, cost a bloody fortune as well:sad:
Ahh give it more time, the viscosupplementation (oil) which is hyaluronic acid usually takes 6-8 weeks to reach effectiveness (the cortisone is quicker) (I’ve had several of each too)

Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation plus meds to control the pain and inflammation :okay:

vickster

Legendary Member
Are you doing other physio type exercises to keep the knee moving and the muscles conditioned?

OP
OP
s7ephanie

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
Are you doing other physio type exercises to keep the knee moving and the muscles conditioned?
walking the dogs !

I live alone and didn't have anyone to stay with me after my knee replacement.
I just made sure I was well stocked up with food. My house has stairs. I had to be organised and make sure when I went upstairs I had everything I needed. Did this by hanging a bag around my neck. I found that it was when I was starting to be more mobile and I wasn't yet permitted to drive that was a bit of a drag.
The problem I did have was getting hold of replacement medication when I accidently spilled my bottle of morphine solution.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
When my shoulder was badly damaged, the cortisone injection lasted about 2-3 months, as it wore off the pain came back, my excellent physio told me this was the sign I needed the (shoulder) operation, she was correct, sorry.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't know if this was the case for @furball , but everyone I have spoken to about the knee replacement I'll inevitably need in the future (GP, knee surgeon, physios) say that I'll know when it's time as I'll no longer be able to live with the pain and lack of function, and will pretty much be desperate and begging to have it done.

At 47, I'm hoping that day is at least 10 years away (I'm not immensely optimistic given the level of deterioration to the bone surfaces in the last couple of years but here's hoping).

How old are you @s7ephanie ?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@s7ephanie, if I didn't have commitments here, I would take up your offer to look after you in sunny France.
Could you wait until next year for the op? :whistle: :laugh:

Top Bottom