Well that was an effort then!!!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

migmiller

Three of us went coast to coast in a day yesterday from Whitehaven to South Shields to raise money for Macmillan.
We dealt with low cloud, hail, monsoon and wind that tried to blow you under cars.
Started at 0600 and finished at 2110
Climbing was brutal at about 3800 metres
I'm 47 and never cycled more than 75 miles before
If you saw us in our Sufferonsaddles shirts then a big Hi
In the depths of pain on the climbs we just remembered why we were doing it.
At times I thought it impossible but OMG it feels good to have done it and we are over two and a half grand so far.
Now need to sort out what to do next!!!!!!!!
Suggestions please

Garz

Squat Member
LeJOG

A

aml

congratulations on your effort........and for a great great cause!!!!

OP
OP
M

migmiller

Cheers

We did just over 137 miles by the time we finished down the trail at the side of the Derwent at dusk on road bikes.

I could have done more miles but another metre of climbing would have had me in the nuthouse.

We met a guy from Penrith who was going for the record and would be interested in knowing how he got on.
We did wonder if the closing in of the weather caused him to call off

robgul

Legendary Member
Great stuff Ian - and a mention for Macmillan!!... and don't forget the MacRide on Sunday 13 Sept at Stratford-upon-Avon - see www.macride.org.uk - raising money for the same charity.

.... and there was a suggestion of photographs of the pre-ride leg treatment .....?

Well done - and NO the E2E isn't boring - have a look at www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk for inspiration

Rob

OP
OP
M

migmiller

Macmillan

Rob

It's your blooming fault we've started this

We will be doing our Macride with you on Sunday but as the three sufferers are on your front page this gave us the kick to do something big.

We would really like to get our www.justgiving.com/sufferonsaddles up to £3000 before we burn the shirts and sell the bikes and take up crochet.

Failing that we have to keep going and it is thanks to you and people like you who put in the hard work that people like us get inspired to try to do our bit.

As I said when we all hit the depths (and we all did - me Stanhope) it was Macmillan and the people who had had the faith in us to contribute that kept us going

And to anyone else - if I can do it you can do it - so do it (for Macmillan)

robgul

Legendary Member
Ah - I remember that hill at Stanhope when I did the C2C ... did you stop at Parkhead Station and say Hi to my friends Terry & Lorraine that run the cafe/B&B?

... and I assume the leg-waxing session proceeded to the Brazilian* ???

Rob

* Please, please don't show me next Sunday

OP
OP
M

migmiller

Sorry Rob
:blush:
Was at the depths as I rammed banana, gel and anything else I could get down my neck to come back to humanity after the climb.

Waskerley way was shut so we did not go down to the station

As to the waxing I've only got my goatee left ....................................................AS IF!!!

Top Bottom