Well that went badly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavieB

MIA
Had feeling I was pushing it my longest ride before today was 28 mile, went out with a CTC club and JimBhoy today and attempted 85.

Turned out I was pushing it managed about 53 miles ish told the rest of the group to ride on as I was going far too slowly by this stage, My arse hurt and my legs wouldnt go round anymore, phoned my uncle and told him I had a problem I couldnt fix, walked a further 2 miles on my cleats as it was cold i never wanted to stand still , so on top of the embarrassment I need new cleats.
sad.gif

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
53 miles ain't that bad, did you remember to eat and drink properly before, and on the way? Are the cleats that badly worn? Try them on the pedals before binning them.

ACS

Legendary Member
53 miles, thats a good step up from 28. Whats this embarrassment thing? If you were to ask everyone one this forum if they had had such an episode, I think the stories that would be told would put your day firmly at the bottom of the list.

Meet you on a CC Ecosse ride soon. You know you want too..............

Heads up,

OP
OP
DavieB

DavieB

MIA
I will make it on a CC Eccose ride this has not put me off in the slightest tbh.

I have look Keo cleats they are wrecked.

Karlos

Chuffin heck mate I'd be over the moon with fifty miles, don't be so hard on yourself. From 28 to 80 plus is one huge step and OK so maybe you didn't make it all the way but it was still a great effort

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Ah congrats Davie  :thumbsup:

53 miles is an excellent effort considering it's a jump from your 28, who cares if you didn't make it all the way, you tried and improved on your personal best and that's what matters mate  :biggrin:

Of course you know we'll have to punish you in chat for not reaching the 85 mile marker :whistle:

I'll get the first round in to celebrate :cheers:

Norm

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Had feeling I was pushing it my longest ride before today was 28 mile, went out with a CTC club and JimBhoy today and attempted 85.

Turned out I was pushing it managed about 53 miles ish told the rest of the group to ride on as I was going far too slowly by this stage, My arse hurt and my legs wouldnt go round anymore, phoned my uncle and told him I had a problem I couldnt fix, walked a further 2 miles on my cleats as it was cold i never wanted to stand still , so on top of the embarrassment I need new cleats.
sad.gif

See you should have come with us on the Ecosse July Ride after all... ;)

bauldbairn

Chuffin heck mate I'd be over the moon with fifty miles, don't be so hard on yourself. From 28 to 80 plus is one huge step and OK so maybe you didn't make it all the way but it was still a great effort

+1, Me too! :thumbsup:

I' m comfortable with 28, could do 50 at my own pace and wouldn't dream of doing 80+........good effort DavieB!!!! :thumbsup:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Well done on your first 50+! If I remember correctly, you only started cycling again very recently? That is very impressive progress :bravo: !
Hope to see you on a CC Ecosse ride some time soon - keep an eye on the "Informal rides" section of the forum, there will be another one in the planning stage shortly :smile: for August, and then there is your chance for another 50+ (or even 100M) attempt with the CC Ecosse Pedal for Cake ride in early September :hungry:

T

OP
OP
DavieB

DavieB

MIA
Well done on your first 50+! If I remember correctly, you only started cycling again very recently? That is very impressive progress :bravo: !
Hope to see you on a CC Ecosse ride some time soon - keep an eye on the "Informal rides" section of the forum, there will be another one in the planning stage shortly :smile: for August, and then there is your chance for another 50+ (or even 100M) attempt with the CC Ecosse Pedal for Cake ride in early September :hungry:

T
If thats meters im in :smile:

Yer I reckon I have been back at it under a month, 4 weeks ago 4 mile had me sweating.

If the next infromal ride is around 40-45 miles i will do my best to be there. By august I might tackle another 50 lol
348g4u0.png

Doubling your previous best is a great achievement.

Don't see this as a failure at all.

You will find that as you extend the day becomes less predictable. All you need is a cold day, miss a food stop, sleep badly the night before and you will struggle - its all part of the game.

Ask most people and they will admit that sneakily they will have some sort of plan to pull ou or finish early if things are not going well.

postman

Legendary Member
A big well done .And in crap weather .I find cycling much better in warmer weather or well wrapped up .Keep it up .

Top Bottom