Well that's it, I'm officially middle aged.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
40 this year, yikes
do i have to start accepting i'll get permanent niggles now?
i have one at the back of my leg and have been off the bike for a while but its not really helping at moment
going to see a physio so i at least know what it is!
spoke to a mate there who is same age and he said just age catching up, told me you'll find its frustrating :laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

40 this year, yikes
i have one at the back of my leg and have been off the bike for a while but its not really helping at moment
spoke to a mate there who is same age and he said just age catching up, told me you'll find its frustrating :laugh:

40! you're still in your prime yet. I've been out this morning, I'm 64, and there were people in their 70's and 80's enjoying riding their bikes, you've got at least another 20 years before old man time starts catching up with you.
Happy birthday:birthday:

Last edited by a moderator:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
40 this year, yikes
I was 40 in december, i agree that you just get niggles now. My feet ache and my knees are shot.
A chap i work with went to see the doctor about his knees which hurt when he went jogging, the doctor just told him it was normal for a man over 40.

D

Deleted member 1258

I was 40 in december, i agree that you just get niggles now. My feet ache and my knees are shot.
A chap i work with went to see the doctor about his knees which hurt when he went jogging, the doctor just told him it was normal for a man over 40.

I'm 64 and my knee's don't hurt.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was obese in 2011, aged 55. My knees were killing me. I could hardly get up from an armchair and struggled with stairs.

I got very ill in 2012/13, lost all the excess weight, and bingo - my 'shot' knees were suddenly unshot! :okay:

I'm 64 and my knee's don't hurt.
I am now 60 and my knees don't hurt either!

So ... while it is normal for niggles to build up as one ages, I don't think it is inevitable for joints to just pack up.

Tin Pot

Guru

I think we should collectively stop calling GPs doctors.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
On about knees, i haven't been able to kneel fully down for over a year. The last time i tried i could feel my hamstrings tightening so i stopped. Cycling and climbing ladders for years haven't helped.

Top Bottom