Well washed I-pod?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

What was on it...

Four Tops - Still Waters Run Deep?
Dead Or Alive - You spin me right round?

Enya - Orinoco Flow?

Deep Purple - Smoke In The Water? :tongue:

Pink Floyd - Welcome To The Machine?

Something by the Spin Doctors? Or Roger Waters? Or one of the movements from Handels Water Music?

Bird Brain

I would wrap it in a tea towel and stick it on the radiator and it will be snug and warm.

I have done this before with other electrical items and they worked afterwards.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Sorry to have to break bad news, but if you can't get the battery out sharpish, it doesn't look too hopeful IMVVHO. By all means leave it in a very low oven (45C) for a day.

Good luck.

Empty some rice into a plastic container and put the pod in it, then put the container in the airing cupboard for a couple of days. The rice absorbs moisture out of the air...works better than just putting it somewhere warm because it stops condensation forming inside it.

We had a Nano go though a 60 degree wash and spin cycle a few months ago.

Left it hanging in front of a dehumidifier and checked it every few days.

Days 1 to 6 - nothing, completely dead.
Days 7 to 12 - appeared to switch on (no backlighting) but nothing intelligible on screen
Days 13 to 15 - switched on, screen worked (still no backlight), but no control
Day 16 - everything worked except the screen backlight.

Once it started working again I relegated it to use in the car, controlled by the head unit.

Took a look at it a week or two back and the screen was finally working again.

Lesson: let it dry out for longer than you think. Eventually it will start working again.

f

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
we always seem to manage to either drop in to the washing up water or worse toilet pan at least 1 phone each holiday , and as long as they are Nokias they seem to dry out and work ok , not so sure about i pods

My HTC Desire swam in a pint of Abbot and the rice trick sorted it out...only for it to be dropped in the toilet bowl a month later
ohmy.gif
but again, rice to the rescue.
thumbsup.png

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Give it a good long time to dry and don't turn it on until you are pretty certain it is dry. Using gentle heating and/or some dessicant (I guess this is what the rice does) isn't going to hurt it.

My shuffle has gone through a cycle on three occasions. First two were OK. Third one I was a bit impatient.

Give it a good long time to dry and don't turn it on until you are pretty certain it is dry. Using gentle heating and/or some dessicant (I guess this is what the rice does) isn't going to hurt it.

My shuffle has gone through a cycle on three occasions. First two were OK. Third one I was a bit impatient.

That's the word I was looking for! It's times like these I wish I kept all the little bags of silica gel that come in all the electronic gear...note to self...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
My last phone went into the bath a week after I got it... I left it in the airing cupboard for 2 days (took battery out though... you ca'n t do this, I see)... it was fine after ... kept it for another year.

As chance would have it, while looking at CC last night in the bath, my latest phone also went in for a swim!
icon_smile_clown.gif
My lightning reactions meant that it was only in the water for milliseconds, but I took out battery, cards etc, had the lot in the airing cupboard overnight, and it's all tickety-boo this morning... phew
eek2.gif

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
As chance would have it, while looking at CC last night in the bath, my latest phone also went in for a swim!
icon_smile_clown.gif
My lightning reactions meant that it was only in the water for milliseconds, but I took out battery, cards etc, had the lot in the airing cupboard overnight, and it's all tickety-boo this morning... phew
eek2.gif

I spoke too soon... it's now playing silly bu99ers... drying out as I type....
sad.gif

Top Bottom