Went up 3 lb this week :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
After gradually losing weight for a whole year and going from Obese 16 stone to healthy weight 12 stone I took my eye off the ball last week due to one thing and another then packed on a full 3 lb.Chinese food and beer featured heavilly last week .

Will be carefull this week with eating and sweat some off in the pool and on the bike.

Ideally I would like to level off at about 11 1/2 stone but the last half a stone doesnt want to go.Which is to say I am not diciplined enough to cut my calory input or raise my work output.

Fiona N

Veteran
Be optimistic - Chinese food (or particularly, the salt and MSG contained therein) can cause water retention, so it could well be that the three pounds is mainly water :ohmy:

I have this problem every time I go to Japan - I instantly put on 2-3 kgs, clothes are tight, even shoes rub around my ankles, then it all drops off in a day or two at home :cry:

Trek Trauma Chris

I would say that if you have come down from 16st to 12st, then you have got your diet and exercise regime spot on. So you have put on 3lb! big deal, that will soon come off, you have reached the point where your weight will fluctuate on a daily basis, don't worry about it just keep on doing what you already are, and let yourself go occasionally.:cry:

Trek Trauma Chris

Fiona N said:
Be optimistic - Chinese food (or particularly, the salt and MSG contained therein) can cause water retention, so it could well be that the three pounds is mainly water :smile:

I have this problem every time I go to Japan - I instantly put on 2-3 kgs, clothes are tight, even shoes rub around my ankles, then it all drops off in a day or two at home :cry:

Don't go to Japan. Problem solved. :ohmy:

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
your right people .No point beating myself up a good blow out now and then wont do much harm.I like the water retention theory I allways feel thirsty for days after eating a lot of rice could be the beer that normally goes with it though..

Losing the 4 stone I lost weight consistently every month until I got down to 12 ,now it just hovers around the 12 mark despite me doing lots of bike miles.Theres still a bit of fairly obvious fat in the usual places but I am still overjoyed at how little compared to 12 months ago.

Thanks for the replies Good Luck to others watching their weight.

Bayerd

Über Member
Banjo said:
your right people .No point beating myself up a good blow out now and then wont do much harm.I like the water retention theory I allways feel thirsty for days after eating a lot of rice could be the beer that normally goes with it though..

Losing the 4 stone I lost weight consistently every month until I got down to 12 ,now it just hovers around the 12 mark despite me doing lots of bike miles.Theres still a bit of fairly obvious fat in the usual places but I am still overjoyed at how little compared to 12 months ago.

Your story pretty much mirrors mine, I now find that my weight fluctuates between 12st 4 and 12st 8. The 4lb difference is because I like a beer at the weekend, and don't drink during the week. You'll probably find that the 3lb will come off easy enough.

Broadside

Guru
Be a bit more optimistic; if you're still doing lots of bike miles then maybe you have developed new muscle which is why you are struggling to get under 12st. After all muscle is heavier than fat...

Crankarm

Guru
Banjo said:

How short are you?

Chrisc

Guru
Banjo said:
5ft 9

ps happy again as back down to 11s 13lb this week.How long does this weight paranoia thing last after losing a lot of lard?
Don't know yet. Mine is still there...
I've just seen 11st on the scales for the first time since I was thirty! Deep joy. I do go into panic if it goes up tho! :smile:

Sargent

Don't lose motivation. I do that, and then start eating rubbish again.
Just keep focussed and you will get to your goal :laugh:

Cat

I agree, it stays with you for life.... :birthday:

I'm so paranoid, that i weigh my self morning and night, knowing that my weight fluctuates during the day & on occasions if i pig out on something I'm not suppose too, other than that it stays pretty much the same.

I have this week put on 2lbs and i cant shift it and I'm stressing :whistle:

I think paranoia comes with losing the fat..... I've lost 5 stone 3lbs. I started dieting the end of April 2009 and been maintaining my weight since November 2009 xx(

Well done to the people who have lost the weight and keeping it off.... managing it, is the hardest thing going...

Top Bottom