• The Commitments

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Ghost Stories

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wicked

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Stay at home

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I'm not voting because this poll doesn't have an option left wing enough for me

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Hi,

Got voucher for dinner and a show. I'm not much of a theatre buff and I don't know anything about these shows...so:

Which one would you recommend?

Ta,

TP

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Could you sell it on eBay and buy a nice bottle of wine?

That assumes I'm not already buying a nice bottle of wine...

Hugo15

Über Member
Go to see Matilda. Absolutely brilliant.

Saw the touring version of One Man Two Guvnors a month or so ago. That was very funny and I really enjoyed it. Also saw the touring version of Wicked, which was also good.

If it was me, I'd go and watch Stay at Home; one of the best productions I have experienced, the lighting was sublime and the cast a revelation.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The only one I've seen was Wicked, and I thought it was rubbish. Is War Horse still on? That was/is brilliant.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Woman in black is very, very good, especially the first time you see it...minimalistic and gripping...with the right cast...which you won't know unless you go...cosy theatre too...

Thriller is ok, but there's not much there apart from other peoples versions of his songs, a bit of dancing here or there and a very, very brief, good time version of history.

I've heard good things about Wicked but I've heard not so good things too and I'm not into musicals, so unless someone surprises me, I'd rather save the headache.

39 steps looks interesting though, so I'd probably plump for that myself, having had my fill of the other one...which is the only one I can actually recommend.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
39 Steps is a hoot, go and see it.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Go to see Matilda. Absolutely brilliant.

Saw the touring version of One Man Two Guvnors a month or so ago. That was very funny and I really enjoyed it. Also saw the touring version of Wicked, which was also good.

I have a voucher, so on this occasion I'm restricted to the poll options :smile:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Are the ones you list your only options? If not, I've heard good things about the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
If it was me, I think I'd go Woman in Black or Commitments, depending on whether I was in the mood for a play or a lively romp.

TVC

Is it just you or do you have someone in tow? If it's your missus then why ask us, she's already decided. Otherwise, the Woman in Black.

Top Bottom