west lothian cake stop?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
purpleR said:
Hello,
can anyone recommend me a not-too-pricey place to get a nice lunch in West Lothian ?
cheers :biggrin:

So, that's the question. ;)

TVC

As an English cake stop user I am not allowed to have an opinion on West Lothian Cake stops.

OP
OP
purpleR

purpleR

Guru
God, you lot are exacting! Like it. I'd like a lunch stop with optional cake please. :biggrin:

Speicher said:
Do you want Choc Cake soup?
or Steak and Kidney Pudding with Custard? :ohmy::biggrin:

Round these 'ere parts there is indeed an establishment called Chocolate Soup. I've never been in because it sounds so disgusting... :smile:

Noodley

purpleR said:
I was thinking of either South Queensferry, or maybe a trip over the bridge to North Queensferry... ?

Have only ever used the garage at the bridge - if Ginsters is your "thing" it will be okay. If, like me, Ginsters = Rat Food then I cannae help further :ohmy:;)

Although I do have a friend who has a very nice restaurant at Torphichen:

http://www.bruntonside.co.uk/location.html

OP
OP
purpleR

purpleR

Guru
ta noodley, think I might give the garage a miss... your friend's place at torphichen on the other hand looks great, I'll make an effort to go out there at some point.

Noodley

purpleR said:
ta noodley, think I might give the garage a miss... your friend's place at torphichen on the other hand looks great, I'll make an effort to go out there at some point.

Ask for Gordon, and pass on my best wishes from dreary Forfar...he'll know who it's from.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
There's always the bistro, which is either called The Rail Bridge or the Two Bridges. It's the one one the left, with big glass windows, good views and Orkney ice cream:smile:

....then you get to go UP Hawe's Brae - just like at the end of Pedal for Scotland last year :ohmy::biggrin:

I'll be seeing some folk from the 'Ferry tomorrow, so I'll try and get some more info for you.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Right, I spoke to some SQ/NQ residents and here are their suggestions:
SQ:
- Rail Bridge Bistro - down Hawes Brae, on left past pier
- Boat House - further on through the village, on right towards the water, before the Orocco Pier (the posh reshtrant)
NQ:
- Ferry Bridge Hotel - in the middle of NQ "you can't miss it"
- small cafe, which used to be the PO, opposite Ferry Bridge "nice home baking"

Also:
- Hopetoun House cafe
- (?) Klondike Garden Centre on right of main road from SQ to Bo'ness
There is also a nice place down on the canal east of Linlithgow but that is as much as I can remember but I can describe how to get there ! PM me for directions;)

;)

OP
OP
purpleR

purpleR

Guru
Hey, Scoosh, cheers for that! Will probably be back in south queensferry again so will def take up some of your suggestions... :smile:
Dave5n... tish, posh!

Top Bottom