West Mdlands ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member
It's not a coincidence - I looked back at your posts to get an idea of where you were and found your favourite cafes. Any rides would be a toss up between SW or SE, and SE is nicer and easier I think.

robgul

Legendary Member
Will1985 said:
So, anybody up for a ride?

Yep - I'm up for a "touring pace" sort of a ride .... you need to work out a date (with a bit of notice*) start place and approx distance - post on here and see what happens.

* I'm fairly flexible for weekday and weekend ... I just don't ride in the dark!

Rob

caz

That would only give Will 3 available Saturdays - I take it you're going home for Christmas, when do you return? Would it be better to leave the ride until the New Year?

Who is going to be brave enough to set a date and plan a route??? I'm not volunteering - you're all faster than me :ohmy:, and if it's wet,icy or snowing I won't be there!!! ;)

robgul

Legendary Member
"Right then" - he said, stepping up to the plate ...

Howzabout Saturday 17 January - starting at Earlswood - easy to get to, parking and Earlswood station on the Stratford/Snow Hill/Stourbridge Junc line - and most importantly direct access to some great cycling country.

Assuming we get a peloton of some sort, say 5 or 6 min, I would be willing to plan a route.

If interested - post here, or PM me

Rob

Dave5N

Über Member
Sounds good to me - fits neatly between the nationals and the local league.

Can't confirm absolutely, but I'd like to be there.

Only thing is I'd need to keep the average speed well down to keep to that phase of my training plan*

* that's a lie of course. I'm just middle-aged and fat and I'll be overburdened with Christmas Calories.

caz

Sounds good to me too and will hopefully be there (depending on weather as stated before! ;)).

Are you talking of Earlswood Station or Earlswood Lakes Station? One has some car parking, the other doesn't (other than on road parking).

robgul

Legendary Member
caz said:
Sounds good to me too and will hopefully be there (depending on weather as stated before! :wacko:).

Are you talking of Earlswood Station or Earlswood Lakes Station? One has some car parking, the other doesn't (other than on road parking).

Being pedantic .... it's "Earlswood" station and "The Lakes" station ! - I mean Earlswood where there is a car park, and an adjacent garden centre for tea and cake.

Rob

caz

Ok. I was just clarifying it for others who may not be locals, as on the map the area of "Earlswood" is marked over the lakes, whereas Earlswood Station is about a mile or so from there!!!

robgul

Legendary Member
caz said:
Ok. I was just clarifying it for others who may not be locals, as on the map the area of "Earlswood" is marked over the lakes, whereas Earlswood Station is about a mile or so from there!!!

No problem .... Earlswood sort of sprawls around the lakes!

Rob

Will1985

Über Member
robgul said:
Hpwzabout Saturday 17 January

*Checks calendar* Hmm, I'm sure I have something on that day...something big....

It's my birthday!!

Not to worry, it still sounds good - I've previously had hockey training in a hailstorm and run 20km in the snow on my birthday - nothing special happens apart from freak weather conditions it seems :wacko:

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Me too, glad it's not going to be around Redditch. I got off the train at Droitwich yesterday and rode up to Astwood Bank and into town, i'm still hurting now.

Top Bottom