West Mdlands ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Young Un

West Midlands ride?

Anyone interested in a ride on a weekend some time before christmas. I am based in redditch and the closer to there the better as I would have to get my parents to give me lift to anywhere further than stratford, alcester, and possible Evesham at a stretch.

robgul

Legendary Member
Why not come out on a CTC Southern Wheelers ride? - see www.southernwheelers.org.uk and the Events tab.

Rob (we've sort of met ... I'm the MacRide organiser)

Will1985

Über Member
YoungUn - there are plenty of rides around the West Midlands...have you ever done the Clent Hills? We tend to do one ride around there on Wednesdays, then at the weekends we'll do a variation of that plus a flatter ride down through Wythall to Alcester then turn back via Henley.

Winter will see more turbo sessions but I can usually go out for a weekend ride anywhere south of Brum.

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

Will - which club are you in - I can't do wednesday's as that is Redditch's youth night, which will now be turbo sessions.

User - pace doesn't matter really, I was thinking it as to be more of a social ride rather than a race. i ussually average around 17mph butit is quite hilly in redditch.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Young Un said:
Anyone interested in a ride on a weekend some time before christmas. I am based in redditch and the closer to there the better as I would have to get my parents to give me lift to anywhere further than stratford, alcester, and possible Evesham at a stretch.

If you look on the Runs list on the website, you will at least one person from Redditch who does the Saturday runs.

OP
OP
Young Un

Young Un

Speicher said:
If you look on the Runs list on the website, you will at least one person from Redditch who does the Saturday runs.

Where is the runs list?

I have now sorted myself for staurday rides with RRPCC, I was just wondering if anyone wanted to do more of a forum ride.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
robgul said:
Why not come out on a CTC Southern Wheelers ride? - see www.southernwheelers.org.uk and the Events tab.

I thought Young People knew all about computers and tinternet. :smile:

Go to the link above (Southern Wheelers). In a yellow box on the left hand side of the screen, you will see "Runs List". Click on that and it will take you to another screen which includes "Current Runs List", a pdf opens in a new window, and will take approx six seconds to load. This gives you the Sunday runs. To see the Wednesday ones, you should scroll further down the page. You will see tel code 01527 against some people's names, which I believe is the code for Redditch. Hope this helps.

robgul

Legendary Member
Speicher said:
I thought Young People knew all about computers and tinternet. :ohmy:

Go to the link above (Southern Wheelers). In a yellow box on the left hand side of the screen, you will see "Runs List". Click on that and it will take you to another screen which includes "Current Runs List", a pdf opens in a new window, and will take approx six seconds to load. This gives you the Sunday runs. To see the Wednesday ones, you should scroll further down the page. You will see tel code 01527 against some people's names, which I believe is the code for Redditch. Hope this helps.

.... even better is to click the EVENTS tab which has all the events in a dynamic diary format - date, time, start, lunch venue etc. (It's just been updated today to show all events from now until the start of Feb 2009)

Rob

Will1985

Über Member
No worries - I'll ride in the small ring! Now there is nothing competitive on, I'm open to slower rides.

I think down Solihull way might be best - somewhere like Lapworth could be a suitable distance away spot for Warwicks, Brummies and Redditch folk.

caz

That's my neck of the woods, you'd be going past my door, so to speak, so I could join you at that point. Buggi lives in the area, might be worth giving her a PM if and when things are set in stone.

Top Bottom