Wet foot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Got a wee bit wet on the way in this morning, indeed my right foot was wet all day. Then got another soaking on the way home. But what surprised me was that when I checked my cycle log, I found this was heavy rain I had encounter on my commute since February! There have been a few day when I have encounter light showers, but most of the time I have managed to dodge the heavy stuff. :blush:

Just a wee bit wet :blush:

Touch wood though although its horrible just now its not been a bad year.

Yes I think this autumn has been much better for the weather than last year. As well as less rain I think there has been less wind as well. Long may it continue...

(Will I be to blame if the weather turns nasty for the rest of the year? :blush: )

Tynan

Veteran
soaked yesterday and the day before coming from college in Bloomsbury at 8/9ish

tue I forget the overshoes

wed I forgot the shower proof top so it was home in the proper rain with a single layer and thankfully the brand new buff over head and neck like an East European bag lady and very nice it was too

top performed well despite being soaked and the overshoes likewise until I hit deep water on Ferry Lane that came up to the pedals, wet feet after that

still good fun though, the tights were a godsend, again, and the legs kept going

Hairy Jock said:
Just cycle harder, yous al keep warm...:sad:
Wasn't worried about keeping warm, Dundass St sees to that ;) but I had to cycle to Waverly early this morn (6:15ish) and I was glad there was no ice.:biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
very cold today, proper icy, good fun though, top plus shower proof with only an inch of the shower proof undone by the end, plus buff over head

ChrisW

Tynan said:
very cold today, proper icy, good fun though, top plus shower proof with only an inch of the shower proof undone by the end, plus buff over head

Yep, cold going home, well wrapped up, tooooo cold to cycle in the Surrey Hills over the w/e.:sad:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Strange day, although I know that its not the coldest day I’ve cycled in, by a good few degrees, (and it wasn’t windy), it still felt like the coldest day so far.

Buff stayed up a distance longer and the toes were tingling with the cold, which they haven’t done so far.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
I’d agree Tynan, that’s why I said strange. Guess its down to perception, not just mine. Had a few people coming into the office today saying it felt colder than it should.

Top Bottom