Wet Or Sweaty????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cupoftea

I think it depends on how long your commute is, if it’s an hour then for me sweaty during the winter, spring and autumn and wet during the summer.

I know this sounds week, but on a February night after 30 minutes soaked to the skin, in temperatures just above zero my core might be warm but my hand and feet start to hurt and it’s a bu&&er to undo cloths with hands that won’t work.

OP
OP
dantheman

dantheman

Veteran
cheers for all the opinions so far.. - my commute is only 7 miles each way, and for summer at least i think ill just probably get wet. Im guessing because there are so many different opinions on this that ill probably end up buting something for winter, end up hating it, not use it, and buy something else, its a shame that a lot of this stuff costs so much! (well, it does to me anyhow) otherwise i wouldnt mind trying out all the options!- i may try a poncho first, to see if i get on with one of them, ill look like a prat, but then who's to say i dont look like a prat any other time anyway, and i dont really care as ive passed puberty!!!
any more suggestions/points of view greatly appreciated..

as far as the cold hand things go, are proper biking gloves a lot better to use than normal ones???- i dont really need them for the padding as such, although that said, i dont know if they make that much difference having never tried them..

dantheman said:
cheers for all the opinions so far.. - my commute is only 7 miles each way, and for summer at least i think ill just probably get wet. Im guessing because there are so many different opinions on this that ill probably end up buting something for winter, end up hating it, not use it, and buy something else, its a shame that a lot of this stuff costs so much! (well, it does to me anyhow) otherwise i wouldnt mind trying out all the options!- i may try a poncho first, to see if i get on with one of them, ill look like a prat, but then who's to say i dont look like a prat any other time anyway, and i dont really care as ive passed puberty!!!
any more suggestions/points of view greatly appreciated..

as far as the cold hand things go, are proper biking gloves a lot better to use than normal ones???- i dont really need them for the padding as such, although that said, i dont know if they make that much difference having never tried them..

My commute is 5 miles at max (if I go the long way), I sometimes wear overtrousers in the summer to keep the office trousers dry but for me that'd be about the limit any longer I'd just where shorts which would dry fast, I'd rather be wet than sweaty.

IME I would guess padding would be the main advantage of cycling gloves but they are also vented (summer gloves), keep your hands the right temperature and also dry quicker, they usually have a useful patch on the back of the hand for rubbing away sweat on the brow, etc and are usually lighter too.

Tynan

Veteran
blimey it's only water, cycle clothing and a top if it's cold, otherwise get wet get dry, easy

Top Bottom