We've had a bit of snow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trail Child

2008 is the winter that I had the most snow living here in Ottawa. This is the snow at the back door after a storm that dumped 80 cm of snow. It was in March. It's a screen door and the snow was covering the bottom half so I couldn't get out the back door:
vyba8a6e.jpg

This was the front door. I could get out because the door was sheltered a bit:
e9e8u7av.jpg

This was after about two hours of shovelling. The snow banks ended up higher than my head (about 6 feet high).
3ygenu8a.jpg

We get a lot of snow here usually (last year we had very little) but luckily the City has quite the army of snow plotting and removal equipment to keep everything moving well.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
now thats snow!

My friend in canada just posted this..

Our local CBC station (Sudbury) broadcasts all over north eastern Ontario. The temperature in one of the James Bay communities is going down to -50C (before the windchill). That about -58F. Relatively speaking it's going to be a balmy -30C here tonight.

I did here "popping" trees last night. That's when it gets so cold that any moisture in the trees freezes, expands and cracks the wood. One of the First Nations peoples here refer to January as the "month of popping trees". It's pretty cool when you hear it.

Leaway2

Lycrist
2008 is the winter that I had the most snow living here in Ottawa. This is the snow at the back door after a storm that dumped 80 cm of snow. It was in March. It's a screen door and the snow was covering the bottom half so I couldn't get out the back door:
vyba8a6e.jpg

This was the front door. I could get out because the door was sheltered a bit:
e9e8u7av.jpg

This was after about two hours of shovelling. The snow banks ended up higher than my head (about 6 feet high).
3ygenu8a.jpg

We get a lot of snow here usually (last year we had very little) but luckily the City has quite the army of snow plotting and removal equipment to keep everything moving well.

Wow! you must never have been to school TC....ever. Were/are the local hospitals overwhelmed by children suffering snow related injuries?

Top Bottom