Whamageddon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Ha ha if i have caught the jist of this it's good.

steverob

Guru
There's three possible varients of this game to play - PoguesWatch (which was the original if I remember correctly), Whamageddon as mentioned above and there's probably also a "clever" name for avoiding Mariah Carey's Xmas hit (but I can't remember it right now).

I got Whammed yesterday and heard the Pogues within the first few days of December, but haven't been subject to Mariah yet.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There's three possible varients of this game to play - PoguesWatch (which was the original if I remember correctly), Whamageddon as mentioned above and there's probably also a "clever" name for avoiding Mariah Carey's Xmas hit (but I can't remember it right now).

I got Whammed yesterday and heard the Pogues within the first few days of December, but haven't been subject to Mariah yet.

I got Pogued yesterday, but that was because I watched Shane's funeral. Now that was a send off.

AndyRM

XOXO
Didn't know this was a thing until reading about the Northampton game.

I'm still in the game! Although the Jambos at the Killie game I went to recently were using the tune with altered lyrics, but I don't think that counts.

Reactions: C R

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I can’t believe that Northampton apologised, worlds gone soft. I’m thinking of rigging a speaker to the back of the bike and blasting it out :evil:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm still in, but, there again, it's not likely to be on Planet Rock..

Apparently, the DJ at Newcastle (?) played it last night and thousands of people were knocked out 🤣🤣

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I got done very early by my teams insistence of having at least a couple of hours of Heart Christmas on the office radio every day of December...

winjim

Smash the cistern
I think the novelty's kind of worn off and the game's lost a lot of its charm now that everybody is aware of it, including DJs. If people are deliberately playing it, not playing it, or even apologising for playing it then it defeats the point.

That said, I don't listen to the radio, don't go out, and avoid the shops this time of year so I tend to do quite well. The place I'm most likely to hear it is work and then it's only the last week or so before Christmas when they have music on.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I presume we'll all get (S)lade again this year :sad:

I've been playing my own version for the past few years, I always see how far I can get without hearing Slade with you-know-what. Day 11, doing well, had a bit of a near miss the other day when the DJ on Radio 2 said it was next...phew!. Things to watch out for are walking into shops with Christmas songs blaring out, also the Xmas market if you have one. worst record was Dec 2, best so far is about Dec 15.

Top Bottom