what a bigoted old woman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Uncle Mort said:
Funny that. Apparently the Sun offered Mrs Duffy a large sum (£30,000?) to say some stuff about Broonie that she didn't agree with, so she turned them down.

I see The Sun reporter was called Moriarty, obviously a direct descendant of that fiendish bounder the Professor.

ChrisKH

Guru
Didn't the Romans wash their hands of it and leave it to the Jews, hence Barabas being set free. It's all the Jews fault I tell you.....:becool:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Slowgrind said:
I thought Jesus was crucified by the Romans?

Except that these days, with immigration the way it is, Brown could have been crucified by the Romanians.
Only Poles here though so that doesn't quite work somehow, but ya know what I mean!

Actually, am I the only person to notice how ****ing stupid that woman's remark was??

'These Immigrants from Eastern Europe, where are they coming from?!'

Eastern Europe dear.

I have nothing against immigration, after all, we were all immigrants at one time or another.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I didn't see the debate last night but I presume the others ripped the proverbial out of him for it??

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Mad Doug Biker said:
I didn't see the debate last night but I presume the others ripped the proverbial out of him for it??

Not really (disclaimer - came in about 10 mins in, stopped watching about 9:40) at least, not that I saw. Bit of self deprecation about it from the man himself.

Charlie Brooker's write up was a good read, not read anyone else's yet.

She was a bigot. I thought that when I heard the recording of the incident on the radio. Empty headed rantings about immigrants are BNP territory. But the majority of us just think our negative judgements about people if we find what they say offensive and don't say them out loud unless we really want an argument about it. It was remarkably ill judged on Brown's part to pass comment at all.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
For me what it showed (not that I wouldn't guess it) is how staged these public encounters are... that people are hand picked to meet them.

Lizban

Kirstie said:
She was a bigot. I thought that when I heard the recording of the incident on the radio. Empty headed rantings about immigrants are BNP territory. But the majority of us just think our negative judgements about people if we find what they say offensive and don't say them out loud unless we really want an argument about it. It was remarkably ill judged on Brown's part to pass comment at all.

I dispair - she politely raises that she is concerned about levels of immigration and she is labeled a bigot.

It's such a cheap shot, there are bigots of course, but everyone who has a concern about immigration isn't a bigot!

(Coming from me who has hugely benefited from immigration)

Top Bottom