What a day of sport!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

Ok I'm just waiting around to fly out to Ireland, I'm off to watch Northampton Saints play Munster in the Heineken cup q/f! Just checking out what's on the Tv live tomorrow;

Super 14, Crusaders Vs Warathas
Super 14, Brumbies Vs Cheetahs
Scottish Cup, Celtic Vs Ross County
Amlin Challenge Cup, Connacht Vs Borgoin
Heineken Cup, Biarritz Vs Ospreys
Heineken Cup, Munster Vs Northampton
Heineken Cup, Toulon Vs Llanelli Scarlets
Real Madrid Vs Barcelona
Super League , Harlequins Vs St Helens
The Grand National
FA Cup, Aston Villa Vs Chelsea
The Masters

Amazing, anyways I'm off to the land of Guinness!

There's also some kind of bicycle race on Sunday :laugh:. MotoGP kicks off this weekend too.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
The County Championship has started, too!

Liverpool ain't got a chance! :blush:

Here we go. You've got a real problem with Liverpool. You stick jokey faces on but you never, ever let a chance of knocking Liverpool go.

PaulB said:
Here we go. You've got a real problem with Liverpool. You stick jokey faces on but you never, ever let a chance of knocking Liverpool go.

THAT'S BECAUSE YOU NEVER EASE UP ON GOING ON AND ON ABOUT YOUR FOOTBALL TEAM, CITY, FELLOW LIVERPUDLIANS ETC. ETC! FFS! :biggrin::rofl:

Get the sacks of spuds off your shoulders and others, like me, will ease off!!

I remember your first posts here: Liverpool this and Liverpool that, whether it was the greatest ever British football team or the greatest band in the world! Do you not think your smug gloating and boasting, pisses people off?

And the jokey face (:biggrin:) is in jest, because I know it'll rile you, until you let it go! That's how I am!

If YOU can't take, DON'T give it!

User1314 said:
First half-century of the season scored yesterday by Essex!!!!

Yeah, I saw that! :rofl:

BUT two Essex players are under suspicion for 'fixing' two matches against Lancashire (of all teams! :biggrin:) in the early 90s: Essex to beat Lancs in the county championship, and Essex to lose to them in a one-day competition!

Doesn't look good! there's NO place in sport for cheats and cheaters!

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Well I'm back from Ireland, Northampton lost to Munster, I'm absolutely gutted but fair play to them they outplayed us in the second half. Great hospitality from their fans, top notch. Now just the premiership to concentrate on!

Another good day of sport today, more Rugby, Football, the Master final round and of course there are some cyclist mucking around on some cobbles at the moment :tongue:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
darkstar said:
Well I'm back from Ireland, Northampton lost to Munster, I'm absolutely gutted but fair play to them they outplayed us in the second half. Great hospitality from their fans, top notch. Now just the premiership to concentrate on!

Another good day of sport today, more Rugby, Football, the Master final round and of course there are some cyclist mucking around on some cobbles at the moment :tongue:

I hear Munster is the nicest place to go and watch your team loose!! Although the Irish fans are just as nice when they loose. Had a great night in Dublin after watching Leinster knocked out a few years ago.

Commiserations. No shame though - it's a special day in history when a team goes to Thomond Park and beats Munster. Also means that Northampton will be fresher when fronting up to Tigers at Twickenham at the end of May. Pity!!

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

BrumJim said:
I hear Munster is the nicest place to go and watch your team loose!! Although the Irish fans are just as nice when they loose. Had a great night in Dublin after watching Leinster knocked out a few years ago.

Commiserations. No shame though - it's a special day in history when a team goes to Thomond Park and beats Munster. Also means that Northampton will be fresher when fronting up to Tigers at Twickenham at the end of May. Pity!!
Cheers mate, i was devastated yesterday but the locals soon cheered us up! it was a fantastic game, but Munster were just too strong with that 16th man (crowd). The local support for rugby is something special isn't it, wish it was like that in England. They had high praise for our fans as well, very gracious in victory ;)

And now to the Premiership, have you got your final tickets yet? I have and hope it's the two east midlands teams battling it out!

On another note Portsmouth have just beaten spurs, well happy for them!

darkstar said:
On another note Portsmouth have just beaten spurs, well happy for them!

montage said:
wayhey pompy

Being a Spurs fan, that was an unexpected and surprising result! ;)

But I'm pleased for Portsmouth after all the turmoil they've had this season!

If they win, they'll be (AFAIK) the first team to win the FA cup and be relegated from the Premier League/(old) First Division! ;)

I suppose if Chelsea do the 'double', Portsmouth will be in the European cup-winners cup, or whatever it's called, next season!

davidg

Sp&rs! The team just keeps on giving! What a pleasure

pompey cant be in the Europa as they are in administration

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'm delighted for Pompey, but....

They're in the Cup Final with a squad they can't afford and never could. That's financial doping and massively unfair on everyone else. They should have been disqualified from the competition when they went into administration.

Top Bottom