What a difference a month makes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
wafflycat

wafflycat

My pepper plants I bought as small things from the local garden centre. They are still small things (mind you I have them outside), but they are growing.. and this I regard as a plus as I haven't actually killed them off yet..

ill take that as agood omen and hopefully mine will fruit then..- i killed off my first batch of tomato plants (well, the late frosts did) and my next batch are only few inches tall, its sh*t when they die...

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
wafflycat said:
My hens & cats ignore each other, apart from Francis, who is *fascinated* ever since Anode turned her then bald bum in Francis's face and popped an egg out inches from Francis's nose...:biggrin: But no hassle between them. Mind you, my girlies are in an enclosed run, so no need to clip their wings or worry about predators.

I feed The Laydeez on mainly layers' mash mixed with cut corn, sunflower seeds, linseed, millet & grit. They also get treats of lettuce, sweetcorn and grapes. Also unlimited access to water and layers' pellets. The layers' mash or pellets are a 'complete' food, so technically they need nothing else. BUT, it's also what they were given when in the battery system, and I think they much prefer the tastier stuff they get added in these days. They are verey easy to look after: absolutely no hassle. And they are great fun.

Thanks waffly. But Grapes :ohmy: If you have any spare the hens don't want ...... :smile: xx(

And the layers' mash comes from the local Farmers shop somewhere I suppose. Ours is called "MidShire Farmers". I guess I'll take a wander :sad:

On the pepper front - it's a bit early yet for flowering/fruiting. Should see results end of June for indoot ones and July/Aug for outdoor IIRC.

Top Bottom