What a difference a tweak makes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last Tuesday, due to wrist pain issues (severe Tendonitis in both) I adjusted the angle of my drops up by about 10 degrees to make it easier to apply the brakes and generally more comfortable on the hoods.

Next day, I rode off thinking " something feels odd" and remembered about a mile in that I had tweaked the drop angle, and I have to sa ...what a difference in my ride!
Apart from better comfort and braking power, I seem to be putting down a lot more power through the cranks than I used to and this was sustained for the rest of the week, not just an off day.

Don't know if the change had shifted my centre of gravity or body geometry, but I really can't believe the difference!
As our American cousins like to say..."go figure"

S1mon

Yes I went for a fitting and a little tweak to seat and lifting bars wow felt like a different bike

endoman

Bars were adjusted at my bike fit, has made a great improvement, wondered what was happening when my bar tape was being removed, but all became clear,

D

Deleted member 1258

Last Tuesday, due to wrist pain issues (severe Tendonitis in both) I adjusted the angle of my drops up by about 10 degrees to make it easier to apply the brakes and generally more comfortable on the hoods.

Next day, I rode off thinking " something feels odd" and remembered about a mile in that I had tweaked the drop angle, and I have to sa ...what a difference in my ride!
Apart from better comfort and braking power, I seem to be putting down a lot more power through the cranks than I used to and this was sustained for the rest of the week, not just an off day.

Don't know if the change had shifted my centre of gravity or body geometry, but I really can't believe the difference!
As our American cousins like to say..."go figure"

With bike set up everything is interconnected, change one thing and it affects everything else, one setting slightly out and even if everything else is spot on it will have an effect. It sounds like your hands were to low throwing your weight forward and putting to much weight on your hands, hence the sore wrists. I always recon bike set up is more black art than science.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
I usually tweek a new bicycle anything from 5 times + till I have it correct. More so if I have one of those silly leather saddles that constantly change shape :-/

D

Deleted member 1258

I usually tweek a new bicycle anything from 5 times + till I have it correct. More so if I have one of those silly leather saddles that constantly change shape :-/

I usually have a routine for a basic bike set up when I first get a bike then tweak the set up over the first few rides, I'm still making the occasional set up tweak to my Verenti Kilmeston. my Sunday best bike, and I've had the bike over eighteen months now.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
^^^^^^^^^^ Apparently we are taller in the mornings than we are in the evenings lol

Top Bottom