What a great evening to cycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markharry66

Über Member
What a great evening to Cycle managed about 40 odd miles through south london. Not masses of traffic and less wind than there has been of late apart from the usual red light jumping, bendy bus battles down the old kent road and the close twat head over takes, still did not ruin a great evening in fact I am planning on doing a smaller ride again tomrrow if it stays like this :smile:

BSRU

A Human Being
Not for me, it was the worst, by far, traffic I have ever seen in Swindon, most traffic in the town centre moving very slowly.
It could be due major roadworks just starting involving the removal of a major roundabout on one of the main roads in the town centre, the work is due to last for another 43 weeks.:sad:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was out and about in SE London this morning and late afternoon - great light, warm but not hot, a refreshing breeze but none of that big noisy leg-sapping wind - very, very pleasant indeed. It sounds like the good cycling was all day long.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
I had a great ride home this evening as well. The head-wind that was a bit of a pain this morning was behind me, the sun was shining, I passed several cyclists without any overtaking me (unusual, believe me), and not a single problem from other road users. It seems like a reward for cycling in -8C in December! :smile:

BSRU

A Human Being
43 weeks bloody hell what are they building

They are removing all of the pedestrian subways forcing pedestrians to cross over the dual carriageway approaches at a roundabout and then removing the roundabout completely, the new road layout is designed to force traffic up another road and away from the town centre. I found an alternative route but other road users have also found this route and it's turning into a rat run on streets not designed for it.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Great if you weren't playing hide and seek with the wind. I lost :sad:

I'm always playing hide and seek with the wind, and I usually win. :tongue:

Top Bottom