1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a great ride in!

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Lisa1979, 6 May 2008.

1. Lisa1979

Lisa1979 New Member

Wow, the great weather really helped me enjoy the commute to work this morning on the bike. Thought i'd just let you all know! It seems i'm getting the bug.
    Lisa.

2. Wolf04

Wolf04 New Member

It certainly was a beautiful morning here:smile:

3. OP
    OP
    Lisa1979

Lisa1979 New Member

A fellow cyclist even chased after me to ask where I got my tabard from! So i thought I'd do my bit here and promote the cause!
    More cyclists - less cars! we need to take over the roads LOL!

4. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Awesome! I'm looking forward to my ride in this afternoon.

5. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

ditto. I normally commute at silly times of the day like 05:00am or 23:00 due to my shift patterns but I am on a training course today so I left at 0715 and actually saw more than a couple of other cyclists. Including one guy on a spesh tarmac whom I sort of raced for a couple of miles down uxbridge rd.

6. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

And here, slight tailwind and not a cloud in the sky :biggrin:

7. upsidedown

upsidedown Waiting for the great leap forward

Lovely ride in, even the Stourbridge ring road seemed quiet, coming over the M42 bridge at Catshill and seeing the traffic queued made it even sweeter !

8. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Shorts & short sleve top today - wow !!

9. ChrisW

ChrisW Senior Member

Yep, fantastic ride in, am going to try and leave early for a couple of laps of Richmond Park...in 20C and sunshine....yahoo!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :smile: :smile:

10. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Lovely commute. All the more better because traffic seemed to be more snarled up as usual. :biggrin:

11. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

I made the mistake of wearing my dhb 3/4s - it was much too hot for that, even at 6:30am...

12. Maz

Maz Guru

What a lousy pick-up line...

13. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

beautiful day

new posh bib shorts on with a chammy to dream about, short sleeve top half unzipped from the off, accidentally forgot the gloves after deciding to dig the fingerless mitts out

new exciting 23 tyre on the back, gears tweaked, helmet strap properly sorted out, bliss, even carting the new ton of lock for college, summer i slooking very good after the recent arsey weather

14. Plax

Plax Veteran

It is lush today. First time I've actually cycled in to work in the morning in just a t-shirt (and of course my shorts before I get any funny comments), normally have a light jacket on as I find it a bit chilly.

15. snapper_37

snapper_37 Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child

Shorts for me also today. Lovely ride in at 6.30 a.m. Rode through the local park too - so peaceful with just me, the ducks and a couple of joggers.

Can't wait to ride home tonight!!!