What a hate filled prat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cloggsy

Boardmanist
He spat at you? How do you know the 'roach wasn't carrying anything nasty?

I'd be having a word with the boys in blue myself I think... I'm sure spitting is classed as assault!

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
He spat at you? How do you know the 'roach wasn't carrying anything nasty?

I'd be having a word with the boys in blue myself I think... I'm sure spitting is classed as assault!
He missed fortunately although I know that doesn't excuse it one bit. As for having a word with GMP. Been there and done that and have given up reporting such examples of abuse and infringements. The time involved is just not worth it even if they do decide to "create an inteligence file". Anyway, feeling less bitter today. If i'd captured it on camera I'd just be watching it over and getting more and more angry. Now I just put it down to experience and move on with life.:smile:

It's a sad indictment on today's society and something that happens to so many cyclists every day.
Common courtesy and decency is no longer part of the make-up of a lot of people once they get behind the wheel of a car.

I assume by these days you mean at least the last 25 years as I recall getting abuse from some prat in a Ford Capri sometime in the 80's.

Was there actually a time when the all road users got along? I can imagine some cyclist back in the day getting forced off the road by a horse drawn carriage.

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
Pity you did not catch the clown up and remove part of the car !
It was more surprise and sadness than red mist. I must admit to giving him a w*nker sign in the mirror though (cause of more spewed venom) but I turned off just after. I was ready for them to follow me and would have been more than happy to 'discuss' things if needed but it didn't happen. In fact the driver that did follow me up the narrow side street was the very model of patience.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I must admit to being glad i do not commute on a daily basis like i used to just for the fact it was making me not enjoy my cycling due to the sad idiots in motor vehicles.I ride to college at least once a week which covers my weekly allowence when i worked full time and that is a pleasure due to it being mostly country lanes and not grid locked inner town roads.Take care out there buddy

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Stories like this make me wish petrol would run out tomorrow. Or at least make it a fiver a litre or something!
On the rare occasions I experience similar from drivers it really does pi$$ me off and must admit to the odd red mist moment or two myself. I try though to remember that for every idiot, hundreds if not thousands of cars have passed me safely without incident.

OP
OP
middleagecyclist

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
Sounds to me that the guy in question had male PMT and had run out of tampons for his mouth!
I'm no expert but if he had PMT wouldn't it be bit early for tampon use? Anyone got more experience on this and could give us the actual facts?

Anyway, I now have a mental picture of him choking on several used tampons. I don't think many people deserve this but the idea is just making me smile at the moment!:thumbsup:

Top Bottom