what a lovely ride home from work this....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c2c

redredrobin
morning, clock out at 6, bank holiday begins. sun is rising air crisp. the road is still, only me and the, rabbits darting. get up to speed, zip up the jersey, in my stride now feeling the rush and thinking. about this and that and setting my alarm for 11.30, and stella artois, and, and, this is why i ride my bike. :rofl:

...and no tin boxes either?:smile:

potsy

Rambler
Sounds good c2c,apart from the Stellaxx( magners for me:biggrin: 2 bottles in the fridge to have with our tea tonight,not had a drink for ages but like the odd bottle of this;)

Helly79

I love cycling to work and passing all those people in tin boxes :smile: but I bet it is even lovelier really early in the morning.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Helly79 said:
I love cycling to work and passing all those people in tin boxes :laugh: but I bet it is even lovelier really early in the morning.

297 posts Helen, im catching you up... Its a bit like cycling, except on here I cant see your bum wiggling in front of me :smile:

potsy said:
Sounds good c2c,apart from the Stellaxx( magners for me:biggrin: 2 bottles in the fridge to have with our tea tonight,not had a drink for ages but like the odd bottle of this;)

Sounds good for me but subsitute the alcohol for tea.:smile:

potsy

Rambler
hackbike 666 said:
Sounds good for me but subsitute the alcohol for tea.:smile:
I drink that little I'm almost tea-total,just ordered from a nice italian take-out place 45 minutes til pizza and Magners:biggrin:

potsy said:
I drink that little I'm almost tea-total,just ordered from a nice italian take-out place 45 minutes til pizza and Magners:biggrin:

How many times a month?

I aim to go teetotal till my September holiday as my cycling fitness is so important to me now.

potsy

Rambler
hackbike 666 said:
How many times a month?

I aim to go teetotal till my September holiday as my cycling fitness is so important to me now.
I'd say I average maybe 2 pints a month if that, so think that qualifies as very little:smile:
Good luck with your plan,fitness is what counts and a big part of why we do it.I've never really been all that fit so I'm hoping one day i will be.

potsy said:
I'd say I average maybe 2 pints a month if that, so think that qualifies as very little:smile:
Good luck with your plan,fitness is what counts and a big part of why we do it.I've never really been all that fit so I'm hoping one day i will be.

Definitely got some of my fitness back...:becool:

bryce

c2c said:
morning, clock out at 6, bank holiday begins. sun is rising air crisp. the road is still, only me and the, rabbits darting. get up to speed, zip up the jersey, in my stride now feeling the rush and thinking. about this and that and setting my alarm for 11.30, and stella artois, and, and, this is why i ride my bike. :tongue:

Lovely - if Carlsberg did Commuting posts....

Makes a pleasant difference from the usual

- someone knocked me off
- someone swore at me
- someone didn't give me enough room
- someone didn't smile at me
- someone didn't stop at a red light

etc, which are universally depressing reads...

OP
OP
C

c2c

redredrobin
bryce said:
Lovely - if Carlsberg did Commuting posts....

Makes a pleasant difference from the usual

- someone knocked me off
- someone swore at me
- someone didn't give me enough room
- someone didn't smile at me
- someone didn't stop at a red light

etc, which are universally depressing reads...

exactly....... and the very reason i posted. cycling makes me so happy i very nearly came over all poetic that day. im on lates this week and riding in at 1pm or home at 10pm is not quite so romantic, but defo the only way to get to work for moi.

Top Bottom