What a lucky trucker!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
She was, in the end, the most sensible of the lot - mainly due to not being so desperate to prove something macho as the guys, I think.

Each trucker got an Indian 'spotter' to help them along, and one got the impression that the spotters were not impressed by the shouting and posturing....

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Not a job I'd fancy ... I never liked dealing with macho men, so good on her for putting up with them!

Arch

Married to Night Train
All cars or lorries that go over the edge of cliffs in American films and tv programs always explode in a massive fireball. Don't tell it doesn't really happen in real life.

The main cause of fire in crashes is apparently not fuel, but brake fluid, which catches fire when it hits a hot surface like a manifold. Even petrol hitting a hot surface only evaporates, until a spark ignites it.

I'm guessing the lorry had air brakes, not hydraulic...

(Funny, NT and I were only talking about this at the weekend. All cars should have air brakes. Apart from anything else, it's so cool to be driving some that goes 'ker-shiiisssssssssss' when you pull up)

Night Train

Maker of Things
The main cause of fire in crashes is apparently not fuel, but brake fluid, which catches fire when it hits a hot surface like a manifold. Even petrol hitting a hot surface only evaporates, until a spark ignites it.
At least that is what I remember from watching a documentary about it a while back. There was a call to improve the integrity and location of brake reservoirs in cars so that spills didn't land on bits of hot engine.

Air brakes are cool, I'd love to have to display one of these signs on the back of the car!^_^
6666940447_1ceb4111aa_z.jpg

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The tow truck's driver must have had an awkward moment when he had to ring his boss.

Glad the lorry driver survived but he must have been in an awful state when they got to him.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Ice Road Truckers must be something else! (I've never watched it.)
I love it, though I take a lot of it with a pinch of salt, its good entertainment though.

The indian one was nuts, this is a preview to give you an idea, the first episode was a real culture shock with people overtaking on every blind bend. And if we think our bus drivers can be bad we have noting on the indians, as rick said after his umpteenth close pass "If I see a bus driver stopped, I'll punch him"

View: http://youtu.be/aSG3Zg41MDU

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't think I'd want to watch that series!

I don't want to watch people die. People who drive large vehicles on roads like that either have a death wish or are poor and have no alternative. Or maybe their religious beliefs are the problem - "I will be safe, God willing"!

Top Bottom